Doing As I'm Told

| |





Shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Jeans: Joe’s Jeans (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Jeremy’s)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

If you follow me on Twitter, then you probably recall my excitement over Erin’s visit to San Francisco. I hadn’t seen her since my visa run to Portland back in February, and we had a lot of catching up to do. There is no one I like shopping with more than Erin. She gets my style and knows exactly what I like, and she never allows something so silly as a budget to get in our way. For these reasons (and many more), I couldn’t wait to go to the Marc by Marc store on Fillmore with her. It’s just a (dangerously) quick walk from my apartment, and it was our first stop on a day intended to be spent doing nothing but eating and shopping. When I saw this shirt with such an amazing print and adorable details, I had to try it on. Once I tried it on, I knew I wanted it but thought maybe I should resist and see what else the day brought. Then I walked out of the dressing room and Erin immediately said “I will be pissed at you if you don’t buy that shirt.” Done.

25 comments:

T. said...

Great shirt! It was definetely the right decision to buy it! (But I'm a little bit jealous because of all the Marc Jacobs stuff you seem to own.)

Archives said...

i wish you could hear the gasp i emitted when i saw that shirt on you! AH! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Courtney Thomas said...

I adore that shirt - what a perfectly fun print!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Mel said...

The shirt is beyond fabulous!! I love your hair, too! You look great!

xoxo,
Mel

AmyMorby said...

Yes, that shirt is easily the most fantastic shirt I've ever seen. You look amazing in it, and well, it's just completely perfect in every way. And I always drool over those shoes when you wear them. 

Rach LaRoche said...

Great decision, that is such a fabulous blouse! x

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Of course you look fabulous.  That shirt?  How could you even consider not owning it?

Adiel said...

Love that top with your hair! You look great!

Frances Joy said...

That is a good friend.  That shirt is AMAZING!  

Jacqueline Le Brun said...

I love your top--so glad you got it!  Very whimsical!
xo
Jackie
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Dani Shapiro said...

You area killing meeee. Haha I saw a Marc by Marc skirt in this same print, in a different color palette, and died at how badly I wish I could afford it! Loving your outfit, as usual! :)

<3 The Daily Dani

Holly Keenan said...

OMG your shirt. galloping deer/antelope/something? Coolest thing I have seen in a while. 

Santina said...

Thanks! I agree that buying it was definitely the right decision...maybe I should have passed on the dress I also picked up... Wait, what am I talking about? :)

Santina said...

You're so cute! I love that you gasped because I did too when I saw it! The print and the colors are so amazing!

Santina said...

Thanks, girl!

Santina said...

Thank you so much, Amy! I'm quite smitten with this shirt, as well. I want to wear it every day!

Oh, and these shoes? I'm happy you like them because you'll be seeing a lot of them - I can't stop wearing them!

Santina said...

Thanks, Rach! And to think I actually thought I should walk out without it!

Santina said...

I don't know! I blame the hangover...my thoughts were clouded! Thanks for talking some sense in me!

Santina said...

Oh really? I hadn't noticed that it matches my hair. Ha ha. Of course I did! I waited until after I got my hair did to wear it - caught me!

Santina said...

I agree. Only a true friend would threaten ending a friendship over not buying a shirt as rad as this one! :)

Santina said...

Thanks, Holly! I think they're deer (it's called The Running Deer top) and as soon as I saw them, it had to be mine!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

They're not deer, but I forget what they are.  I saw the name of what they are on a necklace or something, but my mind is failing me as to what other deer-like creatures besides antelopes there are.  Maybe impala? 

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Just confirmed, it is actually The Running Impala top.  Thank you internets.

Santina said...

You are too funny, Erin! Only YOU would correct me on MY blog! Ha ha ha. Well, I stand corrected. Thank you, Princeton (living up to the nickname)!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

What? Running Impala Top sounds way cooler than Running Deer Top!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...