Tried And True

| |





Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: H&M
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

I’m not going to lie. I was feeling quite down this day, but I put on a brave face (and a big pair of sunglasses) and snapped outfit photos anyhow. How’s that for dedication, friends? You like that?

When I woke up after what felt like maybe five minutes of sleep, I knew exactly what I’d wear: boyfriend jeans and a button down. What can I say? It’s easy and requires absolutely no thought. I was fully dressed before I even stopped to consider what I had on, and at that point, it all came down to accessories. I sort of forgot about this necklace, but as soon as I saw it I had to wear it. I love this necklace! While I’m definitely enjoying shopping again (how did I make it ten months?), it is really fun to rediscover some of my favorite pieces.

Don’t forget to enter my Shopbop giveaway! This is the last weekend to get your entries in; the giveaway closes at 11:59 PM PST on Monday, August 1st!

13 comments:

Leahvdk said...

I love this simple yet very chic outfit! The MJ bag just finishes it off so well.

xo L.

Courtney Thomas said...

Sorry you were feeling down - I hope it's nothing serious :( On the plus side, I totally love this look - so classic and chic!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Adiel said...

I was instantly obsessed with your necklace and bag--not surprised to find out they're MJ! You are too adorable for words!

holleighz said...

Fabulous necklace, and the blue shirt looks great with your hair! I hope with the help of some retail therapy you were able to turn the day around.

mousevox vintage said...

you rock jeans & a button up like no other. hope you're having a relaxing weekend and feel more rested soon.

Vintageprocess said...

Great look! I love it!!
www.vintageprocess.com

Kate said...

I absolutely LOVE your necklace here!! So pretty! Looked all over for a turquoise necklace for this summer but didn't find any I liked - this one is gorgeous, though! 

Santina said...

I'm convinced that a great bag can make even the most boring outfits chic!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney. I received some rather bad news about a friend in Mexico...the giant sunglasses hid my puffy eyes!

Santina said...

Hee hee. I think I know the way to your heart, Adiel - MJ bags! :)

Santina said...

Thanks, girl! A little retail therapy definitely helped perk me up a bit.

Santina said...

Thanks! Given how often I rock jeans and a button down, I better know how to style it well!

Santina said...

Keep looking, Kate! This one is from a few seasons back, but I still love it as much as I did the day i bought it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...