A New Favorite

| |






Vest: Banana Republic Heritage
Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Wedges: Calypso St. Barth for Target
Belt: Zara
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bracelets: Anthropologie
Sunglasses: Chanel (Chanel, Boston)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

I’m still trying to get the hang of dressing for San Francisco’s ever-changing weather. After months and months of minimal clothing, it feels almost foreign to be piling on layers again…in summer, nonetheless. When I spied this vest in the sale section at Banana Republic, I knew I had to have it. I saw it pop up in the blogosphere while I was living in Mexico, and I instantly fell in love, hoping there was a chance I’d still be able to find it once I returned to the States. My wish came true, and not only is this vest a perfect layer but I also scored it for a bargain price!

This look came together really quickly. Since I knew I wanted to wear the vest, I started there. I intended to layer it over a dress, but fearing that my legs would be a little cold, I decided to go with pants…again. (I’m starting to think I might have to resign myself to wearing tights just to break out some of my favorite dresses.) The combination of the light wash denim, a white button down, and the sleeveless trench felt very classic and crisp, which is exactly the kind of look that begs me for fun accessories - tie-dye wedges, a bright teal bag, a pink belt, and mixed metallic bracelets. I love this look because I know I will wear versions of it over and over, changing out the accessories, and never feel like I’m wearing the same thing.

9 comments:

Princeton Eats Portland said...

This outfit DOES does do that bag justice.  I LOVE it. 

erin

rachel c. said...

I'm going to have to take note of some of your tips for dressing in SF. I must admit, it feels odd but kind of fun to be searching for jackets and sweaters when I go thrifting in the middle of Summer. 2 more months!!!!

foodfashionandflow said...

You have great style! I love this look and these gorgeous pops of color! FOLLOWING!

Archives said...

i looooove finding something ive been pining over on the sale rack! such sweet luck! :)

Frances Joy said...

The accessories really make this outfit.  I love the look with all those bright pops - the belt is so much FUN!  

Elisabeth Carr said...

You are totally mastering the art of San Francisco layers. Or as they said in spain, dressing "como una cebolla"! xo

Pieter said...

Great outfit!
Love the MJ bag x



Theblackm4ze.blogspot.com
 

Sweetlaundry said...

I just thought to myself today, that I need a sleeveless trench jacket! Great minds think alike. I'm going to check out some sales sections and see if I can't get one on the cheap myself. Love the shoes...and your bf has some pretty awesome kicks himself :)

Rock 'n Style said...

I've stumbled upon your blog via fabsugar and I'm so glad I did, because I totally love your blog and your great sense of style! Your looks are so well put together!! In this picture I wouldn't wear the pink belt, but the rest is amazing! I'm addicted to your style! Keep on going with this!

Would you be interested in getting featured on my blog? If so, please let me know! I'd love that!

Love,

Rock ‘n Style
http://www.rocknstyleblog.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/RocknStyle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...