Jeans And A Tee Could Never Be Wrong

| |





Blazer: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
T-shirt: American Apparel
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Zara
Scarf: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Solestruck, Portland, OR)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Ring: Shotwell (San Francisco)

When the weekend rolls around, you’ll likely find me in a t-shirt and jeans. There’s a good chance you’ll find me in this t-shirt and these jeans. What can I say? I’m a creature of habit, but I never really feel like I’m wearing the same thing. Jeans and a tee feel like a blank canvas to me; there’s so many ways to style such a classic base. For a windy day spent wandering around North Beach (and eating perhaps the best pizza I’ve had since moving to San Francisco), I went with layers. Even though it’s been a while since I’ve worn this blazer, I love it. The sweatshirt material gives it a more casual vibe than the other black blazer in my closet but I still feel polished when I put it on. To finish off the look, I added a bright scarf with a matching belt, silver flats and a slouchy bag.

How do you style up your jeans and a tee?

13 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

That fun and brightly colored leopard print scarf is totally making this outfit for me - I love it!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I think I need to get into wearing scarves.  I don't know how to tie them right so that they look good.  I am used to the more utilitarian way of wearing them, i.e. to keep my neck warm.  Teach me?  And you look fabulous, as usual :)

erin

Starisea said...

I have the same problem with scarves. They look so cute on others, but I'm at a loss for making them look cute as accessories on me, which is too bad, because I LOVE them.

Santina said...

Maybe I should do a little tutorial on some of the ways I tie and wear scarves? Interested?

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I love your scarf, and scarfs in general are a great way to dress up jeans and a tee. i usually go for giant jewelry and hair to make me look a bit less casual.

rachel c. said...

sadly, i only own one pair of jeans that actually fit me. when i wear them, i usually go for a simple top and fun accessories like this, though. and really any excuse i can get to wear a scarf is great in my books.

Princeton Eats Portland said...

YES!  I love that idea.  Will you film yourself?  A Style by Santina tutorial film is something I would show my grandkids.  Oh wait, I'm not having kids.  Something I'd show my sisters' grandkids??

Mel said...

I am definitely a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I love the casual style for running errands, hanging out, and pretty much anything that's low-key.

Your scarf is awesome. The colors  go great with everything, and the scarf totally completes the outfit.

Happy Friday!!xoxo,Mel

Meghan said...

Hi Santina! I saw you at the What I Wore event last night, but I didn't get a chance to say hello! I just wanted to let you know that I adore your style and your hair is fantastic!

Besos!

~Meghan

Voila-Meghan.blogspot.com

ChellBellz said...

Hey girly, you look super comfortable. I can't find my favorite pair of jeans, and it's so freaking humid in DC, they stick. I think i've cut up 3 pairs of jeans this summer to make shorts LOL. I love the bag so much! That is just my style!

Ashley said...

couldn't agree more!  i'm a jeans and tee kinda girl myself, as you know. it's way too hot here now for such outfits, but i love the hot pick accents you chose! so much fun.

Hope you had a great weekend!
xo, Ashley

Santina said...

I know! I wanted to say hello to you, too - next time! You looked GORGEOUS at the party!

Ahhh, it does feel good to have my white hair back. Thanks!

Starisea said...

I love this idea too!  It would be awesome.  :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...