Happy Colors For A Dreary Day

| |






Jacket: BB Dakota (Nordstrom Rack)
Shirt: Diane von Furstenburg (vintage)
Jeans: Levi’s (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: BP (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

Sometimes I succumb to dreary days by dressing in colors that match the weather. Not on this day. I was so excited when I spied this DVF shirt at Wasteland and even more so when I inspected it to find that it was not only my size but also in perfect condition. With such a bold print, I went simple with black skinnies rolled up and then added some color. I immediately knew I wanted to wear my bright blue heels, but I didn’t plan on wearing this jacket…or any jacket for that matter. Once I accepted that reality, I decided to add a bit more color with this green jacket. The bright colors and zebra print kept me smiling through the drizzle – no easy feat!

19 comments:

Leahvdk said...

The colour combination is beautiful! Great pattern too.

xo L.

Anna Jane said...

love all the colors, santina! these colors are great for a foggy day in SF.

sartorialsidelines said...

I totally love this! The top and jacket are absolutely amazing.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Cheetahisthenewblack said...

Great find!!

AmyMorby said...

Soooooo adorable. I love it so much. The zebra, the green, the blue. It's phenomenal. I would sell my soul for a dreary day! Day after day after day of 100 degree dry heat is killing my soul!

Tanvi said...

Green and Blue, together = FAB!!! :)
♡ from © tanvii.com

Santina said...

It's one of my favorite combinations!

Santina said...

Thanks! I was quite proud of myself...I'm not usually good at thrift/vintage stores!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! Can you believe I've had this jacket for YEARS and never worn it?

Santina said...

Thanks, Anna. Sometimes a girl has to make up for gray skies!

Santina said...

Thanks, Leah. I'm not big on animal prints, but I fell in love with this shirt!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I mixed green and blue yesterday!  But your outfit is much more fabulous than mine was.  I need some of that cheery color you have on in dreary Portland.  LOVE the new shirt.

Archives said...

zebra print and bold colors = win. big win! 

saracombs said...

I love the green and blue combo! Plus it's also pretty fun that you can choose whether you want to be super colorful or not by taking off the jacket!

www.stylecomb.com

rachel c. said...

the  jacket makes this for me! i've been searching for a similar style lately to bring with me to the west coast. i love the bright contrast of your hair against  the bright green. so pretty!

bad joan said...

Great look! Love the green jacket!

http://www.badjoan.com
http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

Grit and Glamour said...

Ooh, this looks super! The green is so brilliant with the zebra pattern. And your platinum hair!

Sweetlaundry said...

Love these blue shoes. Actually love the whole thing, but now I want to get a pair of shoes in a fun bright colour :)

triplyksis said...

This look is hot sauce!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...