First Day

| |





Dress: Rodarte for Target
Cardigan: Halogen (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Sloan Boutique (Portland, OR)
Wedges: Nine West
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Deciding what to wear on the first day of a new job is never a quick decision for me…you know, first impressions and whatnot. The fact that I was starting a job with a fashion company (not to mention one that is well known by bloggers) made the decision that much tougher. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you already know that I scored a job with ModCloth. I’m over the moon about it – a technical role in a creative environment is exactly what I wanted.

This dress wasn’t the first thing that came to mind, but as soon as I put it on, I knew it was what I wanted to wear. It’s definitely one of my favorite pieces of all the designer collaborations with Target. The shape is flattering and comfortable, and the lace print always makes me feel extra girly. I added color with a lavender cardigan and one of my favorite bags. I felt comfortable and confident, which was just what I was going for. What do you wear when you want to feel confident?

21 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ooh, nice job score.  I hope the employee discount is fabulous.

Tanvi said...

Congrats on the new job!!!! You look great btw!!!

Leahvdk said...

I love this outfit, you made a great choice! Good luck on your first day. All the best.

xo L.

Kristy said...

OH MY GOD, congratulations on landing a job at Modcloth! That's so huge and I'm so happy for you (a little jealous, but oh well... hahaha!) I like how you described the job as "a technical role in a creative environment". That's exactly how I envision my dream job (I love working with numbers AND fashion, lol!) :p

Anyway, I think this outfit is perfect, something that I often see on Modcloth's website. And that's such a quirky purse, I've never seen an MJ bag like that. What a great find! :D

www.monochromachic.com

sartorialsidelines said...

Wait, how did I miss that you were working for ModCloth? That's so cool (possibly my dream job) - I just adore their company!!! Also, you look brilliant for your first day (love the shoes)!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! As I said, finding a technical job in a creative environment was exactly what I was looking for - I'm totally stoked!

Santina said...

Thanks! The first day went smoothly, and I really like the office culture!

Santina said...

Thanks, Tanvi!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

Santina! first, congrats on your new job with Modcloth. :) second, i have that same Rodarte for Target dress. it's so pretty with that belt!

Archives said...

congrats on scoring such a sweet gig, santina! THOSE SHOES! i love 'em! im a sucker for nude shoes. :)

AmyMorby said...

Omggggg...so exciting on so many levels! What  dream job. I am so happy for you! And holy moly, you're an absolute stunner in that getup, lady. Good lord!

Santina said...

Awwww, thanks, lady!

Santina said...

I am in love with these shoes and have been wearing them all the time. They were on super sale, and they're ridiculously comfortable! I highly recommend them to a friend!

Santina said...

Don't you just love this dress? It's so easy but still polished - perfect for a big day!

Angie said...

Hooray for your first day!  Congrats again on such an amazing job.  I love that you went with a fun print to impress.  You look fantastic.

xo.

Angie

thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

sarah.e.martin said...

SHooooes! omg, i love these shoes dear! Hope the job is going well, i'm pretty envious right now. Need someone in the states to hire me asap too so i can my get my visa....! xxx

Nina Holland said...

Congrats on the job! What a fabulous company to work for :) and as far as the first day outfit goes, I'm loving what you decided on! The dress paired with the cardi and (awesome) shoes look chic and sophisticated, but the bag adds such a fun pop of personality... LOVE it :)

x

andrea k (blonde bedhead) said...

You are SOOO fabulous! This is such a great look especially for a first day at a new job, especially with a company like ModCloth! Congrats on the job! You really do look soo gorgeous!

Elisabeth Carr said...

Perfect first day outfit! Congrats on the new job. Can't wait to hear all about it. 

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Modcloth?? Congrats! I'm so excited for you! And that's a great first day outfit!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh girl!! Congrats on the job with Modcloth--that's awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...