At The Corner of Stripes St and Boyfriend Jeans Blvd

| |





Cardigan: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Saks)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
T-shirt: J. Crew
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique (Portland, OR)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc, Boston)

I often refer to my addiction to stripes, but I think I’ve been in a bit of denial. There are clearly two addictions here - the other being my boyfriend jeans. Having them in two rinses seems to give me liberty to wear them twice as often as I would normally, and the chilly San Francisco weather keeps me from feeling guilty about it. So, I guess you might say this outfit is the intersection of my addictions.

I wore this last week for a day of shopping with Becca (thanks for snapping these pics, Becca!), and it’s very typical of my shopping uniform. I don’t know about you, but when I plan for a long day of combing through racks of clothes and several trips to the dressing room, I like to keep it easy. Layers that are easily removed, nothing with too many buttons, and shoes that slip on and off easily are my tricks for quick changes. What do you wear for a day of serious shopping?

12 comments:

Becca said...

Awww so happy to see these pics. You look so pretty! 

Courtney Thomas said...

I love that cardigan! My shopping uniform is pretty similar to yours - jeans that come off and on with ease, ballet flats and a t-shirts for quick changes.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I think of the non-skirt or -dress outfits of yours, this may be my favorite.  Every single item is just so incredibly you.  I almost bought that wishbone necklace at Sloan at their last sale, but I felt wrong sporting something that is so you.

Tanvi said...

LOVEEE that cardi! Looking good! :)

ChellBellz said...

I really love your hair cut! I miss having my hair short like that!

Santina said...

Thanks for snapping these pics, Becca! Every time I see them I think of that ridiculous woman jogging by us...

Santina said...

I probably could have left out the "shopping" bit and just came clean and call it my "uniform". Light layers apparently translate to boyfriend jeans and a cardigan. I need to work on that!

Santina said...

You are correct, Princeton (I love that I can legitmately call you that becuase of your Disqus user name): every single piece is totally me. You should have bought the necklace; it could have been your "Santina" necklace. :)

Santina said...

It's one of my favorites - so many stripes! Thanks, Tanvi!

Santina said...

Thanks! I haven't had hair longer than to my chin in at least five years. Once I cut it short, it just keeps getting shorter and shorter!

ChellBellz said...

yeah thats how it normally is!  when my hair was short, I kept getting it shorter and short. LOL I kinda miss it, but I'm growing it out because it's never been long.

Carrie said...

I freaking love this--that sweater is off the chain!! Woman you are looking amazing in these pics.  Being back agrees with you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...