An Afternoon Of Art

| |





Shirt: Banana Republic
Jeans: Levi’s (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Bracelets: BCBG Max Azria and Anthropologie
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Sunglasses: Chanel (Chanel, Boston)
Bag: See by Chloe  (a gift)

On this day, I woke up and thought, “What does a girl do the day before she starts working again after a glorious, fun-filled ten-month break?” I debated a few options: head to the beach, do a bit of shopping, drink cocktails in the middle of the day just because I could. While it all sounded fun, I decided to spend the afternoon wandering the de Young Museum with my boyfriend. I intended to finally see the Balenciaga exhibit but it ended just the day before. Luckily, it was replaced with a Picasso exhibit.

I didn’t realize it at the time, but this top is actually perfect for a date at a museum. The print reminds me of watercolors painted onto the delicate fabric. A pair of skinny black jeans balanced the billowy top, and patent flats were perfect for a day of walking (unlike my shoe choice from the day before). When it came time for accessories, I was all about silver - silver bracelets, a silver ring, and an oversized silver bag.

And with this post, friends, I say goodbye to my lazy days. The next post will be what I wore on my first day of work!

14 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Glad to hear that you had an enjoyable last day away from work - this is definitely a perfect museum outfit, I love the graphic print on the top!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I'm very curious to see what you wear to work! I hope your first day goes fabulously. Oh, and I really like your shirt!

BetweenLaundryDays said...

Good grief, you look GORGEOUS. What a perfect museum day ensemble. Good luck on your first day!!!

metsyc said...

Loving the light hair and dark eyebrows. And yep, the shirt does remind me of watercolor paintings.

Vanessa said...

Good luck on your first day!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I tried to do an outfit kind of like this this morning, and I ended up getting all pissed off.  Since you left, skinny jeans are slowly being phased out of my wardrobe.  I need you back to reassure me that I don't look ridiculous.  But I think I do.

It looks so PERFECT on you!

The more I see your hair, the more I love it.

erin

rachel c. said...

i love, love, love the deyoung. i've also been loving your recent posts because you keep reminding me of all of these amazing places that are awaiting my own arrival to sf.

Santina said...

I'm OBSESSED with the de Young...I see a museum date in our future. :)

Santina said...

I'll make a deal with you: move to SF and I'll reassure you every single day! Sound good?

I feel the same about my hair - totally love it!

Santina said...

Thanks, Vanessa!

Santina said...

Thanks. I am all about light hair with dark brows. People often ask me if I plan to dye my eyebrows, but I actually love the contrast!

Santina said...

Blushing! ;)

foodfashionandflow said...

Cute top! I love your bracelets!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Sweetlaundry said...

Hi Santina!!
I finally have a chance to catch up on my blog reading and I'm glad I did because it seems like alot has been going on in your world. First off, your hair looks great! You really know how to rock a short haircut! Second, congrats on the new job! So exciting! And finally, I really love the this top. The colours are gorg and the light fabric is perfect for summer. I hope you're having a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...