My Happy Dress

| |




Dress: Betsey Johnson
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Vintage)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

I know everyone calls Chicago “the windy city”, but I think San Francisco might be trying to steal that moniker. There’s no other explanation for the ever-present wind. What’s that? Oh, I guess you could be right. Maybe it does have something to do with this city’s proximity to (frigid) water. Maybe. I do know that my hair just isn’t cute when it’s blowing around in the wind (which apparently makes me either grimace or laugh uncontrollably) so there weren’t many photos to chose from this day. I blame the wind.

This dress is one of my favorites. There is no option for a bad mood in a dress like this; I’m instantly happy when I put it on. The vibrant color and crocheted layer feel playful and carefree, and really, who couldn’t use a little more of that in life? I paired it with equally bright pink flats, a vintage bag and a pair of oversized sunglasses. I considered loading on the accessories, but in the end I decided on none. Some dresses just don’t need accessories. Do you have anything that you prefer to wear without layers of necklaces, bangles or rings?

14 comments:

thedailyfashionista said...

You look too cute!!  I love the vibrant blue with those hot pink shoes!  And you're totally right about not needing accessories.  The crocheted details are enough visual interest:)

Cynthia said...

That is definitely a happy dress.  Great color on you.  I have a lot of prints, so I am often sans jewelry (or with only a little bit).

Sugarhoneybaby said...

Nice look!
Very inspiring and interesting blog! I'm new follower!:)

Erin Johnston said...

Oh, how I missed that dress.  I love it on you.  And I love love love the pairing with the pink flats and LV bag.  So unexpected.

Santina said...

I love it, too. I had to take advantage of one of the hottest days since I arrived and wear it!

Santina said...

Thanks for stopping by...and for following!

Santina said...

I rarely wore accessories in Mexico (not the type to bling it out with my bikini) and I think it'll take some time to adjust and start piling them on again!

Thanks, Cynthia!

Santina said...

In the past I've stuck to neautral shoes, but I really like how the pink flats look. They make the dress even cheerier!

Grit and Glamour said...

That is a smashing color, and even more fun with the pink flats. You're right...it needs no adornment!

Vanessa said...

I really like the color, and have always wanted a pretty crocheted dress. I have a few things that I feel like don't need accessories.

Sweetlaundry said...

This dress makes me happy and I'm not even wearing it!  The colour is outstanding, and I agree, minimal jewellry is the way to go. Anything in a bright colour or a bold print for me usually means no necklace. The only piece of jewellry I will never be without is a pair of earrings, because I just think I look so different without them :)

Themadtwins said...

such a lovely dress :D Love the color so much ^-^ 

http://www.themadtwins.blogspot.com

Santina said...

It's funny that you mention earrings. I think I want to get my ears pierced (again). I don't have any holes in my actual lobes, and I often admire short-haired girls who rock HUGE earrings!

Archives said...

well, i can clear that up for you! chicago is called the windy city b/c of the politics, not the wind! so SF may  rightfully be the true windy city! ;) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...