Irresistible Elbow Patches

| |






Sweater: Zara
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Franco Sarto (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc, Boston)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (borrowed from my boyfriend)

This sweater is a recent purchase; I bought it on the same trip to Zara as the blue pants. I’ll admit that my thought process was rather primitive. It went something like this: “Ooohhh, stripes…” and then I picked up the sweater, revealing elbow patches. “Ooohhh, elbow patches”. Done.

Putting together an outfit around it didn't require much more thought. Boyfriend jeans seemed to fit the preppy vibe of the elbow patches, and bright accessories kept it feminine. This outfit was perfectly comfortable for a windy but sunny afternoon spent wandering around with my boyfriend. (And believe me; after I ate what was maybe the largest wet burrito ever, I was thankful that I skipped the skinnies and went with a roomier fit!)

13 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

This is such a cute casual look - if I ever found an item in the store with elbow patches I can guarantee I would be thoroughly blinded by their awesomeness.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Archives said...

i LOVE anything with elbow patches!!!!!! and seriously - that bag is bangin!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I have been hoping to pick up something with elbow patches for a while, and combined with stripes, this sweater was a no-brainer!

Santina said...

Me too! And yes, that bag is one of my favorites...it also holds many fond memories, which makes it that much more special!

AmyMorby said...

oh myyyyy I am in LOVE! That sweater. It makes me crave fall. I'm over this 90+ degree heat in Utah. Especially because I keep finding beautiful vintage fall dresses while thrifting. Fast forward to October, please!

Mel said...

OMG it seems like forever that I've visited your blog hun! I'm so use to seeing you in shorts, but I absolutely love love love this outfit, especially the elbows on that bf sweater and the yellow shoes!! Ugh, don't even get me started!!! 

xoxo,
Mel

Margot said...

LOL. I appreciate your primitive thinking, mine usually goes like this "OOh Lace, oooh florals" 

Looking lovely!

xo
Margot

erin said...

I actually really like your hair color right now.  You should stay natural :)  I am jealous of your sweater.  Great outfit.

ColorMeBlueAMANDA said...

That sweater is SO cool, I love it! Love how this look is simple yet still really interesting!

xo
Amanda

Santina said...

I thought of you when I bought this sweater. I knew you'd like it!

Santina said...

Thanks for coming back, Mel! There have been some changes indeed!

Santina said...

I wish it was 90+ here. I'll trade weather with you. Deal? Cool. Deal. :)

Diana said...

Love your style Santina!
Following you!
www.theglamourousworld.blogspot.com
xo DC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...