Guest Post: Tanvi from The Fabulous Life of Not-So-Rich and Infamous

| |

Hey guys! As you likely know by now, I left Mexico after nine sunny months and am now in San Francisco - talk about a drastic change! Finding an apartment and job can be a bit stressful, so I am ever so relieved to have some amazing guest posts lined up to keep you entertained over here on Style by Santina. Please give Tanvi a warm welcome, and if you like what you see here, be sure to click through and check out her blog!

Today I am filling in for the lovely Santina while she settles into her life back in the States. Hope you enjoy it!

Blogging has changed my life completely. I have started taking more risks, becoming much more experimental and open to new things. One of the things I was wary of was - thrifting! Up until I started blogging I couldn’t imagine wearing 'secondhand clothes' or even entering a thrift shop in my dreams! Not much has changed yet, but after being encouraged by a lot of blogging friends, I did brave-through into a thrift store last year! I had no idea what I was looking for or how one thrifts ‘successfully’. So if you are someone like me who is a thrift virgin then this is what I have learned so far:

1) Take your time and survey the store. Pick out stuff you think you might like. If you are lucky you might even find stuff with their original tags on.
2) If you are not ready to start with clothes immediately, accessories like jewelry and belts are a great way to break the ice.
3) Make sure you try on everything.
4) Check for any wear and tear. If it is easily repairable then don’t just discard it!
5) Lastly, and most importantly wash everything before wearing.

Below are few of the items I have thirfted!

Reversible Belt - (Front Side - Printed) - $5.00 
Reversible Belt (Back Side - Polka Dots) - $5.00
Bright Green Belt via J.Crew - $3.00
Bright & Skinny Orange Belt via J.Crew - $3.00
Belt via Coach - $10.00
Vest via Banana Republic - $10.00

Do not underestimate the power of thrifting, my friends! :)

3 comments:

Azucena Robledo said...

Hello :)  I just found your blog and I love it!  It's always fun to see guest bloggers as well.

Visit my blog some time!
www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

Tanvi said...

Thanks for having me over! :) Hope you are settling back in fine! 



♥ from © tanvii.com 

Metsy Corter said...

You are so adorable! And so right about the need to take more risks... I've always wanted to try thrifting but have always talked myself out of it. Hmmmm I see a thrifting trip on the horizon! Great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...