Guest Post: Erin from Princeton Eats Portland

| |

Hey guys! As you likely know by now, I left Mexico after nine sunny months and am now in San Francisco - talk about a drastic change! Finding an apartment and job can be a bit stressful, so I am ever so relieved to have some amazing guest posts lined up to keep you entertained over here on Style by Santina. Please give these ladies a warm welcome, and if you like what you see here, be sure to click through and check out their blogs!




Shirt: American Apparel
Tank: Gap
Shorts: Gap
Socks: Nordstrom
Shoes: Rock and Republic
Necklace: Verameat (gift)
Ring: Sloan Boutique (Portland, OR)
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

When Santina asked me to do a guest post, I jumped at the chance. That is, until I woke up on Memorial Day with a text from Kate reminding me that we still needed to take outfit pics. The persistent cold and rain that has plagued Portland this spring has left me decidedly uninspired and mostly in jeans, sweatshirts, and all-stars. Santina would be disgusted with me if she was around to witness.

I had to pull myself together for this post.  I knew I wanted to wear something short but it was too cold to go completely barelegged, and I couldn't bear the thought of tights on Memorial Day.  So, I pulled on knee socks and heels.  I had intended to wear the sheer button down as a dress, but it is a bit too short and a bit too sheer to do so.  The jean shorts made me feel a little less naked, and I like the way they peek out under the shirt.  I kept the accessories to a minimum and grabbed my favorite Marc bag for a pop of color to complete the outfit.

Lo and behold, just as I was leaving the house, the sun peeked out from the clouds.  I grabbed my aviators, and miraculously, the sun stayed out so they stayed on.  It actually ended up to be a semi sunny and warm day.

This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't plug my cooking blog, Princeton Eats Portland.  I am a much better cook than I am dresser, and though I have taken a long hiatus from posting, I have a new post up with possibly the best sandwich I have ever made.  So check it out.

Welcome back to the States, Santina! 

4 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Love the stockings with the heels and shorts - I've always wanted to try this but been too skeptical of how it would look. You pull it off perfectly!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Why thank you!  I don't do it often, but I love the socks and heels look. 

Tanvi said...

Love your bag!!!! 




♥ from © tanvii.com 

Carrie said...

A. The ring.
B. THE SANDWICH ON YOUR PAGE.  

holy mother of sandwiches

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...