Guest Post: Amy from A is for Ampersand

| |

Hey guys! As you likely know by now, I left Mexico after nine sunny months and am now in San Francisco - talk about a drastic change! Finding an apartment and job can be a bit stressful, so I am ever so relieved to have some amazing guest posts lined up to keep you entertained over here on Style by Santina. Please give these ladies a warm welcome, and if you like what you see here, be sure to click through and check out their blogs!

Hey there all you Style by Santina fashionistas. I'm Amy from A is for Ampersand, and I am insanely honored to be a guest blogger here on Santina's blog. I'm a long-time fan of Santina's, and I'm excited to be here today showing you 3 different ways to wear a $2 vintage dress.

Thrifting is a huge passion of mine. I go thrifting a couple times a week and am always on the hunt for new thrift/consignment/vintage stores in my area. I love thrifting for two reasons: I can find completely one-of-a-kind clothing, and I can get high-quality staples for my wardrobe at a fraction of retail cost. Plus let's be real--nothing feels better than finding the perfect vintage dress that's the perfect size at the perfect price. I'm a little bit addicted.

While vintage can be expensive, you can definitely find some good deals if you search long and hard enough. And what I'd like to show you today is that it's easy to incorporate vintage looks into your outfits and style them differently to get all kinds of fun looks!

I found this little dress a couple months ago for $2. Yes $2! You better believe I gasped out loud when I found it in the store, and you also better believe people looked at me like I was crazy. I knew I needed some new pieces for summer, so I thought I'd see just how far this $2 dress could get me.

vintage dress 

Look 1 is an outfit I put together for a day at the office. The trick with wearing vintage is to incorporate modern pieces, so I paired this with some colored tights and my Blowfish Garren wedges.

vintage fashion 

Look 2 is pretty much my favorite trick in the book--make a dress into a shirt! Oh, the possibilities! I do this with a lot of my dresses, and it definitely beats the wardrobe blues when you're feeling tired of everything.

Photobucket 

And finally look 3--my personal favorite. This dress is light and airy and perfect for the beach or going to the farmer's market. It takes about 2 seconds to style and is a dream to wear.

Believe it or not, I found this dress in the hosuecoats section. I think my biggest tip for thrifters would be to never look past anything! A lot of times things are placed in the wrong sections at thrift stores or abandoned in weird spots. With a little extra effort and an eye for potential, you can find so many incredible pieces that will stretch your wardrobe all the way through summer!

Are you a fan of thrifting? How do you like to incorporate vintage into your outfits?

7 comments:

A Stylized Hysteria said...

You are just adorable!!  That dress might just be one of the best thrifting finds I've ever seen.

ashley4emergy said...

Super cute looks! $2 for that dress?? Wow! Gotta love thrifting, right? Great guest post :-) 

Tanvi said...

What a fun way to share! :) Love Look #3 




♡ from © tanvii.com 

carly said...

i love you amy!! and am mad that you got this dress for $2. they range from like 30-70$ on etsy for that style of mexican dress. lucky girl!!

Sweetlaundry said...

I love the idea of wearing a dress as a shirt, but it definitely depends on the cut of the dress and what bottoms you pair it with. I always wonder, how do you hide the bulk? This post is very helpful. Thanks Amy!

AmyMorby said...

Thanks so much, everyone! It was a definite lucky find, especially considering it was hidden in the crazy housecoats section! Glad you all liked it!

dr.zetineb zetineb said...

this is lovely, cheers santi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...