Chambray And Stripes

| |





Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Forever 21 (came with skirt)
Shoes: DV (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Betsey Johnson
Bracelet: Anthropologie
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)

Over and over again while in Mexico, I wished I had brought this chambray shirt; it really would have helped stretch my limited wardrobe. I was at least smart enough to tuck away all those possible outfits into the imaginary closet in my mind, and on a day when I was feeling a little bit frazzled, I was so happy I did.

Once I decided on the shirt, at least three outfits popped into mind, all involving skirts. I spied this one sitting on top of the laundry basket, just waiting to be put away. Don’t you just love it when it pays to be lazy? With such an oversized top, I had only two real options: belt it or tie it up. It looked cute tied up, but it also exposed a belt loop that needs to be sewn. Since I have yet to unpack my sewing kit, I decided to belt it. (Maybe I spoke too soon about being lazy.) Playful accessories, wedges and my black Ray Bans finished off this look.

What’s the item that helps you make the most of your wardrobe?

22 comments:

Tanvi said...

Looking like a picture of cool and chic!!! The necklace, bag, shoes ... Love it ALL!!!




♡ from © tanvii.com 

sartorialsidelines said...

I remember when I came home after three months in the UK and I got to rediscover all of the clothes that I had left behind - it was fantastic! I love this outfit - the shirt with the stripes is perfect.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsideline.blogspot.com

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Hi! I like this post so much, you look really great!

If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!



http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I love having you back in the States.  Not that I didn't love the Mexican version of SbS, but it was a bit rough seeing you on the beach every day while I was stuck in hell that is Portland in the fall, winter, and spring. 

I have SO missed your clothes.  This is a great outfit.  I am going to have to try a belted oversized shirt over a skirt. 

erin

AmyMorby said...

I LOVE this. So so much. Chambray has been calling my name recently. You look completely and effortlessly chic. As always!

Frances Joy said...

I'm going to say "lazy" pays off for this look.  I love the proportions and I especially love the shoes. Those wedges are KILLING me over here!  

Gritandglamour said...

I love this...and your blue polish. I've been tempted to pick up a chambray shirt lately too. There are so many varieties of them now. Hmmm. Maybe that should be my assignment for this weekend.

Gritandglamour said...

I love this...and your blue polish. I've been tempted to pick up a chambray shirt lately too. There are so many varieties of them now. Hmmm. Maybe that should be my assignment for this weekend.

JenDressesUp said...

Oh,  I've been wanting to buy a chambray shirt and I'm forever addicted to stripes too!

Eli said...

I think I could copy this outfit down pretty well! I'm going to try today, hope you dont mind! You've inspired me.

Santina said...

Mind? No, no, no! I can't wait to see!

Santina said...

Yes! I could never have too many stripes.

Santina said...

I've been fighting the temptation to buy another one. I think something in a lighter chambray and slightly more fitted would be happy in my closet!

The nail polish is Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, and I love it, too!

Santina said...

Easy and chic? Yeah, I like that. :)

Santina said...

Awww, thanks, Amy. "Effortless" is definitely something for which I strive. I don't like anything too perfect!

Santina said...

Don't candy coat it, Erin. You were just jealous of my tan and now you're happy to see me lightening up a bit! I know you too well, missy!

You should totally recreate this look. You have so many skirts that would be perfect for this kind of look!

Santina said...

It's definitely fun to play dress up again. That game got old in Mexico...this bikini or that one? This romper or this one? You get it...

Santina said...

Thanks, Tanvi!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

What is that bracelet you are wearing?  Does it have b's on it too?  

Santina said...

Yes, it has b's on it, too. I bought it years ago...

Sweetlaundry said...

Ha! I was going to do the same...copy the shirt untucked and belted over a dress or skirt. I actually really like it this way.

Nnenna said...

I love the chambray shirt over the striped dress!  Also, your wedges are so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...