Has It Really Been a Year?

| |


Today marks one year from my very first post here on Style by Santina. Can you believe it? In some ways it’s hard to believe it’s been a whole year but at the same time it’s almost like I can’t remember a time without the blog. For the first few months I remember thinking “no one other than my friends is ever going to read this”. I was wrong. Then, I remember thinking “everyone is going to stop reading my blog once I move to Mexico”. I was wrong once again. And while I hate being wrong (it’s so rare that I am), I couldn't be happier that I was.

What a year it’s been! You all must think I’m much more of an interesting person than I actually am. Just two months into blogging I announced that I was packing up all my favorite clothes and moving to Mexico. Despite a rocky start, it’s been quite the ride, and it’s interesting that the blog’s one year anniversary coincides with an end to my time here within just a few days. It’s definitely a time of new beginnings in so many ways: a new city, a new job, a new addition to my furry family (Sombrita, the Mexican cat who adopted us), and new friends, not to mention new shoes, clothes and handbags (who’s excited to shop again?).

But, before I raise my Pacifico to year two of Style by Santina, I want to thank all of you. Thank you for reading and commenting and inspiring me to go on when I’ve wanted to call it quits. And, to the people who have worked so hard on this blog, snapping pics and trying to make someone as awkward as me look less so – Ben and Erin, I can’t thank you enough. I definitely could not have done this without you…oh, and thanks in advance for your help in year two!

Salud!


16 comments:

Tanvi said...

Congratulations :) ... To new beginnings!

thedailyfashionista said...

Congratulations on your 1 year mark!!  I hope your next adventure finds you well:)

Archives said...

CONGRATS, Santina!!!! I can't wait to see what year 2 has in store for you! :) xoxoxo

Girl and Closet said...

A BIG congrats on year one!! I absolutely love your blog and your life IS exciting! And I'm loving your collage of pictures, you're fabulously stylish and such a beauty. Hope you're having a terrific Sunday. xx veronika

Holly Keenan said...

Big Congrats! 

Becca said...

Congratulations on a year of blogging! I can't wait to see the changes that happen on the blog once you're back in a city and dragged on all my shopping excursions. I know you're having a case of the sads as you ready yourself to leave mexico, but I'm so excited for you to get here!! xo

Natalie Garza said...

Congrats on making it to year one! I totally understand what you mean about thinking that no one will be reading your blog, but then all of the sudden...someone (besides your friends) does! I've only been reading your blog since you've been in Mexico, so I'm excited to get to know your city wardrobe.  Have a safe trip back to the States!

merl said...

¡aniversario feliz mi señora hermosa!

[if that's wrong.. blame the online translator that I used ;)] I'm so happy your bf has paid me to keep reading your blog all this time.. ba dum chzz. I'm full of the jokes today. But seriously you have such a beautiful natural kindness about you that I can't wait to experience in person in a MONTH. Enjoy your last days on the beach mama!! xo

Vanessa said...

Congrats! That is so awesome.

Erin said...

I can't believe it's been a year!  I know you're sad to leave Mexico, but I for one am excited - albeit jealous - to see you model all the fabulous clothing I know you will find in SF.  

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I thought you were blogging longer than that :)

Sweetlaundry said...

Aww, you're so sweet. Congratulations! You have done a wonderful job with the blog. I can't wait for your next adventure to start, it's going to be fantastic!

Morgan_Lua said...

Pretty darn amazing. It's crazy how quick a year goes when you're blogging about all of it. I'm so happy that I've gotten to know you over this past year. It's been amazing to see how much your life, style, hair have all changed! Now you're about to embark on another adventure, and a whole new city. I can't wait to see what's next for you!! It's going to be good.  

xoxo,
Morgan

p.s. Hi Sombrita!

Aquí said...

great pictorial and congrats to a year! Very exciting! 

Trophyboutique said...

I love your photo collage! You look so different all tanned and less blonde. It's amazing what the beach will do to us, isn't it? I myself turn into one giant freckle. I can't wait to see how some of that beach style mixes back into the city life you've got ahead of you. Aren't you so glad you have this blog as document to your amazing year?

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Aww, happy anniversary! I've been blogging for about 4 years now and it truly is addicting. And so much healthier than drugs! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...