From City To Sand: A Printed A-Line Dress

| |

Putting On a Brave Face // All Tied Up: Guest Post at Sparkling Steps

I bought this dress for Mexico, but I had to wear it at least once before I left Portland. I expected this dress to be absolutely perfect for a hot day, and it doesn’t disappoint. What I didn’t expect is how versatile it is. While I’ve worn it a few different ways, layered with my boyfriend’s shirt is definitely my favorite yet. The fitted bodice is easy to disguise with a loose top, and I see myself wearing it as a skirt much more in San Francisco as temperatures will be quite cool compared to my current location. “Sand” wins this one for me, but I want to hear what you think!

9 comments:

thedailyfashionista said...

Sand!!!  You look so cool, comfy and pretty:)  

Annebeth said...

love both versions and I actually feel like both would look equally good in sand or city! just such a versatile dress :)

Tanvi said...

I honestly like them both!! :)

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I actually prefer the city look, but I think the sunglasses really make the outfit! ps- I didn't get a chance to respond on twitter, but your new gata maxicana is lovely and you're awesome for taking her home with you!

Amy Morby said...

Yep..I think I like the sand one better! But both are perfect. I love making dresses into skirts or shirts. Makes the wardrobe so much more versatile!

Vanessa said...

Definitely sand! I think I'm automatically drawn to the sand ones. I feel like I want to jump through the computer, and onto the beach.

Fashnlvr said...

That is such a cute dress - I don't think I can choose one way over the other. But if it's going to be cool out then the shirt over it looks perfect! I like the red purse with it too. Awesome pattern to that dress and I really like the shoes in the non-sand look. The necklace in the sand pic is great!

Archives said...

i like it paired with the bf's shirt! add the sandals from the "city" and you've got another great outfit!!!!

Metsy Corter said...

I love the "sand" version wearing it as a skirt. Oooh you could do something similar for the "city" option and wear a tailored khaki cropped blazer. So cute! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...