From City to Sand: Military Jacket

| |

Military Jacket Remix // Copycat

Ah, my tried and true military jacket. This jacket is old. It’s one of those things that I just never got around to donating, and after a few years in storage, I decided to wear again. See, sometimes it pays to be lazy.

While it’s way too hot to wear this jacket now, I wore it all winter. The weather was colder than usual, and this was the only jacket I brought with me; it was an ever-present layer. There were plenty of looks from which to choose for a comparison, but I went with these two because of their surprising similarity. In both I layered the jacket over a form fitting dress, not to mention rocked the same pair of sunglasses. Then we get to the shoes…let’s just say the similarities end there.

Which look do you like better? For me, it's a toss up. I absolutely adore the DVF dress and mixed metallics I wore in Portland, but I also love the casual cool vibe of my beach look. 

15 comments:

thedailyfashionista said...

I'm enjoy the city look.  The contrast of the olive green with the pretty purple dress is super pretty!

Lee Oliveira said...

I must say " a sand look" is more refreshing.
lee x
http://leeoliveira.com

Tanvi said...

 I am with Lee on this too! :) 




♡ from © tanvii.com 

Grit and Glamour said...

Both versions rock in their own ways. I really love the combo of stripes + the vans on the beach, though!

Archives said...

 once again im going with sand! i love the stripes with the olive color! 

Girl and Closet said...

I'm loving this feature!! So fun to see a city version and a more relaxed mellow version! I adore both!! I love the military jacket look and you've paired it beautifully with your stripey dress and adorable checkered shoes. Hope your day is a fab one. xx veronika

Ellie said...

 I'm loving this military jacket! So cute :) Loving how you styled them both.
Have a great day!
-Ellie

Sweetlaundry said...

This is a good comparison. I think because the military jacket it a casual piece, I like the contrast of it with the DVF dress more. Having said that (do you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm?) I like that the jacket gives both outfits a sort of rock n roll vibe. The jacket it a good piece, it's no wonder you've held on to it all this time :)

Amy Morby said...

 Hmm...I just can't decide. I'm thinking city, honestly. But only because I like the contrast between the casual jacket and more dressed up dress, you know? Bah..I love them both!

Aquí said...

 love it! When do you move back to the city?

Eli said...

I love them both, it's hard to believe they're both you!

Linda said...

I love this mini-series. What a great way to see how the same pieces can work in totally different environments. They both look great - but I'm partial to the one where I can see our beloved Portland ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Linda! I have a few more posts for this series, so stay tuned!

Santina said...

I'm moving to San Francisco on June 2nd. I don't know where the time went!

Santina said...

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying this feature, Veronika! I have a few more planned, so please check back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...