Sole Mates: Summer Lovin'

| |


Prada "Hovering" Sunglasses (available at Bloomingdale's)
MICHAEL Michael Kors Crossbody Bag (available at Nordstrom)
Joie Keely Tank (available at Bergdorf Goodman)
Rachel Roy Swing Skirt (available at Shopbop)

As my time in Mexico comes to an end, it would be far too easy for me to curl up into a ball (of stress) and wait for it all to be over. To counter that urge, I’m trying to keep myself balanced by reminding myself of the things to which I’m looking forward to…like shoes, both the ones I stored away and those I’ve yet to buy. I begrudgingly transitioned to only wearing flats, and I look forward to the days ahead of heels, heels, and more heels.

What better way to start the summer in a new city than with the perfect pair of neutral platform sandals? The wooden heel and gold grommets of this pair stole my heart, not to mention that the color would perfectly compliment my tan. Given that these would work with everything from wide leg jeans to light summer dresses, I think they’d pass my price-per-wear test with flying colors. And, speaking of colors, I decided to build a look around these shoes that reflected one of my favorite trends of this season: color blocking. With a bright pairing of a berry hued skirt and an orange tank, neutral accessories effortlessly anchor the look.

7 comments:

Tanvi said...

Those heels do look like something that should be worn everyday :) Love the color of that skirt too!!!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Girl and Closet said...

Love all of these pieces, seriously gorgeous! I'm smitten with those shoes... heavenly! And agreed they would look amazing with wide leg jeans. xx veronika

Becca said...

Oh, these I can get on board with. I saw a similar pair at nine west that are a bit different (but same concept). They may wind up in my closet sometime in the near future.

Vanessa said...

Those shoes are great. I think you should take a picture of all your shoes when you get back. I'm nosy, and I love seeing people's closets. I did something similar with my flats a few months ago, and it even got on Links a la mode, which shocked me.

MONKEYFACE said...

Ooo, I like the inspiration here. I just came home from the mall with a pair of nude wedges I'm excited to wear in spring/summer whenever it gets warm here. I'll have to remember to not be afraid to wear them with bright hues, too!

Santina said...

I can't wait to see these nude wedges. I hope some warm weather comes your way soon!

Santina said...

i just might have to do that. It will be like seeing dear friends after a long time apart; I should document it for the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...