Beachy Keen

| |






April 11, 2011

Shirt: American Apparel
Shorts: Banana Republic
Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: H&M
Hat: Gap

Remember when I bought this hat way back when and debated whether I would wear it anywhere other than the beach? As it turns out, I haven’t worn it at all since the day I bought it, but since I lugged it all the way to Mexico, I had to wear it at least once. As I stared at my rather messy (and slightly greasy) hair, I decided it was time. I built this look around the hat, striving for a classic beach look, easy but chic. A pink gingham button down, dark rinse denim shorts and chambray sandals perfectly fit the bill. I finished the look off with tortoise shell sunglasses in a classic shape.

If you follow me on Twitter, you’ve already heard about this very orange nail polish. I’m on the fence about the color. I think my tan makes it slightly more acceptable than it would be against a milky complexion, but it still looks a little Halloween to me…and I really wanted Easter. When I headed to the nearest city (an hour by bus) with a list of items that I can’t buy here, one of the things I wanted most was a new nail color, like mint green, lavender, or pale yellow. I found none of these, and the best of the (limited) options seemed to be this orange. So, tell me: what do you think of this color?

17 comments:

Trophyboutique said...

The orange is fine! Maybe try it on your toes if it's too much for your hands. That's where I put all my crazy colors...

modanista junkie said...

Your hat is super cute. You should wear it more often. Adoring the outfit. It so casual chic!!!

Loving your nails y the way. That's the next color on my list!! :)

You should post your outfit on The Wear to go Girls' facebook for a chance to be featured Best Look of the Week! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wear-to-go-Girls/138631736207424

xoxo,
melrod

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

I love the orange nail polish. Don't be anxious about it. Suits you perfectly well. Didn't miss that on Twitter where I recently started following you.

And the shirt is something that I need badly right now. Comfy, relaxed and chic.

You look great! And oh the beach!

Vanessa said...

I'm surprised you didn't wear the hat more. It looks god on you. Also, this is one of the times I am so jealous of your weather.
My Heart Blogged

Archives said...

i love your pink gingham top!!! im a little allergic to the sun so i like to be covered up at the beach. this hat/shorts/top combo is totes a combo i shall copy from you, come summer :)

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

I was going to comment on how much I like the orange nails and pink shirt together before I even read the part of your post where you mentioned it. I just bought two really cute colors from MAC. Their new "Quite Cute" collection really lives up to it's name. I hope you can find something you like for Easter.
XOXO

Eli said...

Love it! I had coral nails like 2 weeks ago, they're so bright that they made me smile. If you're ever gonna wear it what better time than now right?

ClosetConfections said...

Looks like another beautiful day at the beach! And I definitely like the nail polish. It's so cheery.


Kendra
Closet Confections - A Personal Style Blog

Santina said...

I totally tested it out on my toes for two days before taking the plunge with my nails. It's funny how much brighter the color seems when it's on my fingers!

Santina said...

I'm considering growing my hair out a bit, so you might be seeing this hat more often if I do! Ugggh, I hate growing out my hair...

Santina said...

Thanks for following me on Twitter, Tamanna!

Yes, this shirt is a must for everyone. I wear it all the time; it's perfect in any weather!

Santina said...

Exactly, Eli! If not now, then when? Orange it is!

Santina said...

I look forward to seeing your spin on this combination. Light layers are perfect for staying covered but cool!

Annebethbels said...

ooooh nice tan honey! love the orange nailpolish and your cute little hat, and I looove oversized shirts for that easy breezy beach feel :)

Penney said...

I'm lovin the hat and the bight nails. Trying to suppress my jealousy over your tan. ;)

Frances Joy said...

I can't wear nail polish myself because any chips drive me crazy, but I like that color on you and those shorts are so cute!

Ashley Perkins Dorius said...

So jealous of that beach and that weather!! It's supposed to rain all week here. Glad you found my blog so I could find yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...