What a Difference a Day Makes

| |







February 25, 2011

Coat: BCBG Max Azria (borrowed from Erin)
Necklace: Clyde’s Rebirth
Sweater: Hinge (borrowed from Erin)
Tank: Old Navy (borrowed from Erin)
Shorts: J. Crew
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Dollhouse (endless.com)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

One day I was strolling the beach on a sunny, 8o degree day, and the next I listened as the pilot announced a frigid 28 degrees at our destination city. Thanks, Portland; it’s nice to see you, too. Obviously, I landed in an outfit that didn’t even come close to keeping me warm, but luckily I was staying with Erin, who is the kind of friend who says you can wear anything in her closet and means it. I’m the kind of friend who says “Do your dry cleaning; I’m coming to town.” We’re a perfect match.

For this short trip I packed very little, but having a vision of an outfit like this one, I packed a pair of denim shorts. I quickly chose this loose knit sweater because burgundy isn’t a color you will often catch me in, and the rich color perfectly suited the mixed metals of this choker, which was the only piece of jewelry I brought along with me. Since Erin and I can’t share shoes, there was only one shoe option for the weekend: the pair I ordered just a few days earlier. Realizing that most of my shoes would be completely inappropriate for winter in Portland I decided to order a pair of shoes so that they’d be there when I arrived. After six months of nothing but flats, this girl was ready to spend a few days in heels, so I bought these platform booties. At first I felt slightly guilty for buying a pair of shoes that I knew would be worn for two days before being stored away until my return to the States, but once I put them on, I knew it was the right choice. Before bracing myself for the cold (but sunny) outdoors, I threw on this gorgeous military coat (love, love, love it), my teal cross body bag, and Ray Bans.

It felt familiar yet strange to find myself in Portland for a few days, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have a really fun time. It was a weekend full of catching up with good friends, eating yummy food, and unleashing the shopping beast that was caged for far too long! By the way, does this park look familiar? You might remember it from these posts back when I was still living in Portland.

A stroll in the park // Wishing the weekend wasn't ending...

6 comments:

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Brrrr!

Tell your friend I want her coat too! Love the first three shots...beautiful light. You look fab!

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

Kristy said...

Whoaaa.. it's such a surprise to see you in coat and tights!:D Are you back in Portland or just visiting? Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the coat! the structure, the color, the buttons, everything about it is gorgeous :)

www.monochromachic.com

Santina said...

@Kristy I was just there for a few days...I needed to leave Mexico in order to get a new visa. Believe me, no one was as surprised as I was to find myself in such cold weather! :)

Becca [Free Honey] said...

It's such a huge change - not that you aren't stylish in Mexico, but it's almost strange to see you in city gal clothes! But that coat and the booties are pretty drool worthy - so don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. Actually you're giving me guilt pangs - I've been doing so much work that I've barely made it out of a tshirt and jeans all week. I think today is a day for getting dressed and outfit photos.

Emily said...

I love these pictures, such a contrast from your regular beachy looks. It's refreshing and makes me want to stick my tongue out at you because you froze your butt off a little ;)

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

ahhhhh look at you in a coat! bahahaha. I'm loving seeing you bust out the heels again...I feel like these will get a lot of use in your return to civilization, ohh uhh I mean, the US. And I love having friends like that! Being in Vegas with my closests just reinforced that - sharing is caring!!!

xo, AShley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...