Thanks, St. Patty...and Thank You!

| |






March 17, 2011

Tank: Ella Moss (Anthropologie)
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Mossimo Supply Co. (Target)
Sunglasses: Forever 21

Confession: I actually put this look together the last time I wore this tank, but in the end my heart longed for stripes (shocking, I know) so I tucked this skirt back into my closet, knowing I’d pull this look out at some point. After all, I don’t have that many options. While St. Patrick’s Day was completely overlooked in this beach town, I decided to wear a little green and once I did, I knew exactly what to wear.

I’ve worn this skirt quite a few times but have never strayed too far from its color palette when it came to tops. Perhaps I should thank St. Patty for the pairing of this vibrant green with all the purple, pinks and blues of the watercolor-like floral pattern because I love it. With March came the return of hot weather, so a knotted belt, some stripy shoes (why didn’t I think of that last time), and my new favorite sunglasses finished off this look. I have to say that I felt somewhat liberated after shedding all the layers I’ve been wearing, and I’d be lying if I said that the incredibly kind and encouraging comments I’ve received recently weren’t partially to thank for my newfound confidence. Thank you, friends, for not being like the rather rude man who approached me on the beach to ask what was wrong with my skin. I appreciate it!

And, don’t forget that you can still submit questions about my time in Mexico via comments on this post!

8 comments:

Elle Sees said...

loving the skirt.

Kristy said...

Great color palette! I never thought a green top could look so nice :D And your skirt matches the flowers in the backdrop. How cool! :)

www.monochromachic.com

Girl and Closet said...

ahh, really lovely! Your skirt is so perfect with that green top & love the knotted belt, what a gorgeous look! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & for the lovely comment -SO great to meet your bloggy too. xx veronika

brunetteblogging said...

I'm jealous of your sunny outfit, again! Love those adorable shoes :)
brunetteblogging.com

Nnenna said...

I love the print on this skirt- the colors are so pretty! The backdrop is lovely too and you look so happy and sunny! :)

Alamodeetplus said...

That is such a pretty skirt!!
http://alamodeetplus.blogspot.com/

A Stylized Hysteria said...

With those sunglasses on, you remind me so much of Mia Farrow and her famous pixie cut! I love all your bright colors (and sunlight!!)

Santina said...

Thank you! I'm kinda obsessed with those sunglasses right now...I may or may not have bought them because of the pixie cut! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...