Sole Mates: Penny Loafer Love

| |


Cole Haan Vintage Valise Jenna Bag (available at Nordstrom)
Michael Kors Men's Oversized Watch (available at Shopbop)

I can’t lie; I’ve found myself obsessing over penny loafers lately. My search for the perfect pair for this week’s Sole Mates feature lead me to a variety of interpretations of the timeless shoe, but in the end, there’s just no beating the classic, Bass penny loafers. Confession: I wore this exact pair of shoes to death in middle school…and I seem to recall them being an easy target for mockery. Who’s laughing now?

To build a look around these preppy classics, I’d pair them with this quirky, menswear inspired dress from ModCloth. Who could resist that adorable bowtie and the unexpected color combinations? Not me. Keeping with the slightly scholastic vibe, I’d finish this look with a structured bag and an oversized watch.

3 comments:

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I like the ambiguous shoes, mens-inspired dress with the super lady-like bag! That style of bag is going to be EVERYWHERE come fall....you just wait and see.

xo, Ashley

Erin said...

I want that outfit. Badly.

Erika of Style Activist said...

Ooohhh the shoes. I am so sucked in my shoes. I am loving the new header on your blog! Looks good :)

XO,
Erika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...