It's a Stripe Off: Snowy Pixie vs. Sunny Pixie

| |





March 4, 2011


Dress: Forever 21
Necklace: J. Crew
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (borrowed from my boyfriend)

That’s right, amigos, more stripes. More stripes, but this time with purpose. It all started with a bit of hair love affair with Emily from Tomorrow Never Knows. It sounds something like this: “Your hair looks amazing. I love it!” “No, your hair looks amazing!” When we realized that we were both about to shed a few inches of what little hair we had left, we decided to coordinate a post showing off our new ‘do’s while wearing, you guessed it, stripes. We playfully dubbed it a “stripe off”; except when Emily sent me her picture it was obvious the she wasn’t playing. I mean, just look at how she’s staring me down…did someone say "Blue Steel"?


Be sure to head over to Tomorrow Never Knows and check out the rest of Emily’s post (and her impossibly adorable hair).

Because of an ongoing skin issue, I’m unable to spend time in the sun and I’m feeling a bit self-conscious about my skin. As a result, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the house. When I finally decided it was time to take off the sweatpants and actually get dressed, I knew I had to wear something that made me happy…like a new dress. A new, striped dress. You see, after six months of abstinence, I thought I could indulge in a bit of shopping while in Portland. I set a budget for myself and made a mental list of shopping guidelines, one of which was to not buy anything striped…I failed. I accepted my fate the minute I walked into Forever 21 and saw a sea of stripes, and I’d be lying if I said this was the only striped piece I left with.

This carefree nautical look had a calming effect on me, and as I spent the afternoon munching on tasty snacks and strolling around with my boyfriend, I couldn’t help but appreciate the simple things…like homemade ice cream and a friendly kitty I met along the way.

6 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE it. :) you make me crave a visit to Mexico missy. look at me, all angry in the snow with my cold!
This was fun, we need to do more of these things.

monster cakes said...

Well hello fellow pixie cut blogger. I, too, lived in the rain that is Portland for a few years! I now live in Southern Oregon. Small world! And cute blog! xo

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I want that dress. NOW. You've given me a terrible case of the gimmes! I'm still mad that I was disallowed from this stripefest because I have 22 inches too much of hair. I think that's discrimination. Jusssst saying.

I love new haircut, it's so cute. And I'm sorry to hear about your skin, hope it's resolved soon. Although if it means you'll be moving north sooner...well then I know a certain someone who will be ECSTATIC for that!

xo, Ashley

Santina said...

It doesn't mean I'll be moving north any sooner, but I think I know to whom you refer! I can't wait to meet your blogging other half, and I'm even more excited to be in the company of both of the Free Honey ladies! Now about the dress...go get it. Then we'll do a post together...me, you, and your 22 inches of extra hair!

Seandark said...

great fashion and great handbag i like these pics and post......
photo checksscenic checks

Firesean said...

wow great pics and great information..........
computer checkscheck starter kits

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...