Imposter

| |






March 7, 2011

Cardigan: H&M
Shirt: Vintage (Mo Vintage)
Pants: Gap
Belt: Gap 
Sunglasses: Forever 21

I’m not sure what got into me when I pulled this look together. Despite some signature stripes, this outfit just does not scream “SANTINA!!!!” to me, and that makes me like it even more. I don't know who this imposter is, but I like her style. But you know what I like even more than this clash of pastel prints? The sunglasses. After my house was broken into back in September, I was left with only my Ray Bans, and I was craving some variety. I picked up two pairs of sunglasses during my trip to Portland, but this pair is definitely my favorite of the two. I absolutely adore the shape and color, especially since I’ve really been missing my white Chanel sunglasses, which I was wise enough to safely tuck away in storage. I hope you like them as much as I do, because I have the feeling you’ll be seeing a lot of them.

These pants are really old; I can only vaguely remember when I used to wear them. I found them while packing everything up before the move, and while the cut wasn’t my favorite I was kind of into the idea of bringing along something seersucker. After ignoring them for six months, I put them on and decided to make it work. The print and colors of the pants are so subtle that I decided to add another print with this vintage shirt I scored when I won that giveaway on Clyde’s Rebirth. The longer cardigan anchored the look, and my new favorite sunglasses finished it off.

8 comments:

Becca [Free Honey] said...

This new chick you're emulating is fun. I like her top. Also, I like the new header, is that the imposter's influence too? She's got some good ideas, that one, keep her around.

Kristy said...

I love the blue color palette, it feels so soothing. And you picked the right place to take the outfit photos. What better place to photograph a beachy-themed outfit than on a beach?!?! :D

www.monochromachic.com

Erin Girard said...

I'm loving the print on the shirt! I never have the guts to be a shirt-tucker, but you're rocking it!

herwaisechoice said...

You're so gorgeous!!! You rock the short hair cut so well and your facial structure is amazing. Super jealous! I love your feminine style but it's always fun to play dress up and be someone else sometimes, isn't it? :)

Have a lovely day!
Jen

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

ur BEYOND fabulous! - and i'm DREAMING of a beach right now!

~LAST DAY 2 JOIN CUSTOM SIGN GIVEAWAY~


*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Lynzy said...

I think this might be my favorite outfit of yours thus far!! I am in love! The color combination is gorgeous and vibrant and the sunnies are so cute! :)

Santina said...

The header actually came before the imposter though I think she approves!

terramcbride said...

These colors are so brilliant on you. This may not be quinessential Santina, but that's okay! Sometimes it's fun to play someone else for a day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...