Copycat

| |






March 19, 2011

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Dress: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Shoes: Vans (a gift)

I can’t take credit for this one. I saw this picture of Diane Kruger and decided to wear my own version of her casual cool look.  Let’s be honest, no one can deny that the girl oozes style and when she’s not decked out in Chanel (swoon), she’s often seen in effortlessly chic looks that we can all recreate. Taking a cue from her, I reached for my well-loved military jacket, a new striped tank dress, and my checkerboard Vans. While I’m definitely looking forward to a return to a less casual style, I can definitely see myself wearing another version of this military jacket/tank dress/sneakers combination after I return to the States. Just add about a hundred pounds of accessories and an oversized bag, and I’d be ready for a long day of shopping.

9 comments:

Archives said...

this outfit looks SO COMFORTABLE! super simple but definitely chic. :)

Natalie Garza said...

I'm loving this jacket over a short dress. I keep seeing similar looks on other bloggers too! Check out this one I was admiring earlier:

http://workwithwhatyouvegot.blogspot.com/2011/03/hello-again-friend-of-friend.html

I met her last week in Austin at the Texas Style Council Conference. She is too cool.

Vanessa said...

I really like your take on it. You look perfectly casual chic.

Becca said...

This dress is real cute - it's new?! From your Portland travels? Or has F21 made it all the way down there. I've been looking for something similar in a solid just to use for layering etc. - so um - a trip to F21 may be in my near future!!

Santina said...

Yes, it was one of the stripy items I picked up in Portland! If you can't find it in the store, it's still available online (for $10.50!): http://bit.ly/hgscc9

I think it will be a great layering piece, too! Hope you find one!

Santina said...

Thanks, Vanessa! It's rare that I see a celebrity look that I can translate so easily into a beach look, so I just couldn't resist!

Santina said...

Thanks for sharing, Natalie! I love that camo/floral combo! Quite a few bloggers have been sporting this H&M one (as seen on Becca from Free Honey) if you're looking for something similar: http://www.free-honey.com/2011/03/combat-baby.html

erin said...

I love the outfit. I may have to copy it. I think my new William Rast for Target tank dress would be perfect, especially since I can't pull off a tight dress like you can :)

terramcbride said...

You always feel so easy to me. And I don't mean that in a 'you're such a sllllllut' sort of way. Promise. This is wonderful. I love it all. And the checkered vans? Yeah. PERFECT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...