Back to Square One

| |





February 26, 2011


Coat: Guess*
Shirt: J. Crew*
Tank: Old Navy*
Skirt: Gap*
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Dollhouse (endless.com)
Necklace: J. Crew*
Bag: Kate Spade* 
* borrowed from Erin

I have to admit that watching so many of my favorite bloggers sparkle and shine in sequins all winter long left me lusting for a little sequins myself. Luckily for me, Erin was not only willing to lend me her sequins skirt (and pretty much everything else I’m wearing) but also joined me in getting a bit dressed up for the day ahead. And what a day it was. It felt like I had stepped back into my past Portland life, but in the best possible way. After getting dolled up, Erin and I skipped (okay, not literally…if you think my shoes are high, you should’ve seen Erin’s boots) out the door for a day full of shopping, grooming, and more shopping. Oh, and there was some yummy food in between, too.


I wasn’t sure how I wanted to wear this sparkly skirt, and to be honest, I tried on a number of looks before deciding on this one. With the sheer fabric and delicate collar, this shirt created a much more proper look than I’m used to. This outfit begged for some color, making this coat the obvious choice. I absolutely love this coat; I have from the minute I talked Erin into buying it last winter. The shape, color and high neck is a dream, and I really didn’t want to take it off…the fact that it was about 30 degrees didn’t help much, either. A Kate Spade bag seemed like the perfect finishing touch on such a ladylike look.

It was really strange to be back in Pioneer Square, snapping pics. Erin and I reminisced about my first post ever, which included (very awkward) shots of me in the very spot we stood Saturday. So, tell me, of all the photos snapped in the Square, which are your favorites?

Monday Blues // Could we share that umbrella? // Silver sky, silver shoes // Which way to go? // My cat told me to do it

11 comments:

Kristy said...

wow, sparkly sparks! I love how you toned down the glitters with black pieces BUT you also brought (back) the life by adding the pink coat. I love the small buttons on the tube collar, very adorable :)

www.monochromachic.com

Passion4Fashion said...

I love the color and style of that coat on you but what I love more is the color and cut of YOUR HAIR! It is gorgeous in these photos! LOVE IT!

Erin said...

Wow, those pics turned out really well. It makes me a little sad looking at them though, I miss you.

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

You slot back into city life...and sequins...so easily! You look amazing, in borrowed clothes, or not.

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

Kirstin@CrimsonRosella said...

Wow, that coat is stunning. It is such a perfect colour for you and adds a splash of brightness to a dull winter day!

Kim said...

Love your coat (it's always nice to have some color) and the shoes.
brunetteblogging.com

merl said...

I LOVE the new header!! Especially the transition from urban life to beach side dwelling. Awesome idea and very simple and streamlined. Love it. Enough about the layout... Can we talk about YOU?! This may be one of favorite outfits on you ever. EVER. From the hair, to the coat to the skirt- mama it's perfect. Can you tell Erin to move closer to me so that I can raid her closet too? Thanks.

Santina said...

@Merl You make me blush, but keep it coming! Ha ha. I can try to convince Erin to move closer to you, but only if you plan on living closer to me! She does have a fabulous closet, doesn't she?

Erin said...

Santina, the new look of SbS is fabulous. I love it.

Erin said...

Santina, the new look of SbS is fabulous. I love it.

merl said...

I LOVE the new header!! Especially the transition from urban life to beach side dwelling. Awesome idea and very simple and streamlined. Love it. Enough about the layout... Can we talk about YOU?! This may be one of favorite outfits on you ever. EVER. From the hair, to the coat to the skirt- mama it's perfect. Can you tell Erin to move closer to me so that I can raid her closet too? Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...