All Good Things Must Come to an End

| |

Hello friends! Please excuse this interruption in the normally fashion focused programming but it felt like time for an update. Those of you who have read Style by Santina for a while may remember that when I decided to leave Portland for a sunnier life here in Mexico, I knew it wouldn’t be a permanent move. Finding the thought of another rainy winter absolutely unbearable, leaving Portland was imminent but instead of packing up and heading to a new city and plugging into another 9-to-5, I opted to take advantage of the transition. Seven months (can you believe it’s been that long?) of sunshine later and the end is in sight. I will be back in the States by the end of May.

So, what’s next? When I finally say “hasta luego” to Mexico, the boyfriend, cats and I will make our way to San Francisco. Having wanted to move there for quite some time, I can’t say that I’m not looking forward to it, even if it means giving up the lazy beach life I know and love. I’m slowly starting to look for jobs, and if one should present itself before May, then my remaining time here will be cut a little short. “And what about the blog”, you ask? Well, I have big plans for Style by Santina, but I’m not ready to share those just yet. What I can say is that you will definitely witness a joyful reunion between me and my closet, as well as an enthusiastic return to my city style (if you’re a new reader, please click through my archives for a peek of what that looks like)!

Setting an end date has had an interesting effect on me. I find myself reflecting on my time here and what I’ve learned, and more than ever I’m savoring every moment as it’ll be over before I know it. Throughout this adventure, a few of you have expressed curiosity about my life in Mexico although exclusively through email, and I thought it might be fun to gather up some questions and share my responses in a subsequent post. What do you think? Any questions you’ve been dying to ask me? Why did I choose Mexico? How many bikinis did I pack? Anything at all – I’m ready! If you don’t feel comfortable posing a question publicly via a comment on this post, please do not hesitate to email me at: stylebysantina(at)gmail(dot)com. I look forward to hearing from you!

8 comments:

Grit and Glamour said...

I'm excited about your move, blog plans, and seeing more of your city wear! Wishing you much luck on this next chapter in your life, as well as a belated happy birthday!

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

Becca said...

For my own selfish reasons I'm so excited for you to come back. Gosh, I'm going to start applying to jobs for you!!

Santina said...

Find me something good, Becca! :)

Erin Johnston said...

I am right there with Becca! I have a question for you: what is the one thing you will miss most about Sayulita?

Emily said...

What did you do with all your things? did you put them in storage or bring most of it with you?
how did your cat feel about the move? (hahaha im actually curious)
Who am I gonna visit in Mexico now?? ;)
What's making you move back now?
Would you have done it if you didnt have the bf there for support? moved alone?

Hilary Grace said...

Your blog is adorable! I love how much you love your cats, and I also love your style pictures. So glad to have stopped by. Good luck with your move!

Frances Joy said...

Oh, big city style! I'm a little jealous, because we've still got two years and ten months of rural Latin American styling. Enjoy being reunited with your closet.
A couple questions: How / How much did you pare down your closet? What's the one item you're most looking forward to reuniting with?

Ashley said...

What was the turning point/last straw/kicker that made you and your BF seriously sit down and go, OK let's do this. Did you set a time limit for yourself? Were you scared of leaving your life in Portland and of getting left behind by those whom you left? Were you scared to peace out on your career? Umm, I have more but they're kind of personal and invasive...so I'll settle with these!

xo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...