One part Specials, two parts Jeff Spicoli, and a heavy dose of shine

| |






January 30, 2011


Tank: Forever 21
Bandeau: Forever 21
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Vans (a gift)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

First things first, let’s talk about the bag. Way back when I was still living in rainy Portland and buying sunshine in the form of new shoes and handbags, I fell in love with this bag. In fact, it went on sale about a week before I left, and I actually considered buying it and immediately putting it in storage (ahem, kinda like these Coach flats, which were worn once before being stowed away). In a fleeting moment of self-restraint I decided against it. Fast forward to the last week of December when Erin came to visit…with holiday presents. I screamed when I opened my gift and saw this flashy bag. I love it. Ordinarily I plan an equally fabulous look for a debut of a new bag, but this time I went in another direction: a direction that lead me to checkerboard Vans, amigos.

Confession: I’ve worn checkerboard Vans since high school. It all started with what I affectionately refer to as my “ska stage”, which I think we can also thank for my obsession with all things black and white. When one pair dies, I inevitably end up buying a replacement pair. Granted, the last time I wore sneakers somewhere other than the gym, a friend asked if I had injured my foot, I still like to have a pair just in case. For an afternoon spent snapping photos around town followed by a few margaritas, I decided to play up the 80’s vibe of this bag with my well loved (and it shows – don’t look too close!) Vans. Never one to pass up the opportunity to wear black and white (and stripes), I layered this roomy tank top over a bright bandeau and threw on my boyfriend jeans. I finished it off with my black Ray Bans, and of course, my shiny new bag.

Is there something from your fashion past that you just can’t let go? What is it?

4 comments:

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Duuude, I want your Vans!

Grit and Glamour said...

This is a killer outfit! I love the Vans, especially with the stripes. You're such a cool surfie chick!

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

K said...

I just can't get over your tan! So many people have snow that I'm jealous of and then I see your pictures and decide I want summer back way more than I want snow. Share some sun!
That bag is fantabulous!

Lee Oliveira said...

What a great cool casual outfit Santina..
I need to be where you are right now...
Sydney is beyond hot
Lee x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...