Goodbye Friend, Hello Ice Cream

| |





February 19, 2011

Tank: Michael Stars (Nordstrom)
Skirt: J. Crew
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique (Portland, OR)
Sunglasses: Ray Bans (borrowed from the boyfriend)
Food Baby: c/o the two amazing quesadillas topped with a double scoop cup of homemade ice cream I had just before outfit pictures

Whew, what a week. It was a crazy, one person in and one person out fun-filled time that left me exhausted. Last weekend I said “hasta luego” to the boyfriend as he headed to the States on a short visa run. Never one to miss an opportunity for a girls’ weekend, we planned his departure to overlap with the arrival of my good friend, Leana. Well, Kate wasn’t going to let us have all that fun without her, so she decided to fly back down for a few days (even though she was just here a few weeks ago)!  After a wild girls’ night and another trip on a boat named the Chica Loca, the boyfriend returned and two days later Kate left. By the time Saturday rolled around, it was time to say goodbye to Leana…and I hate goodbyes, which explains the food baby. (Did I hear someone say “emotional eater”? Whatever. I felt better after that ice cream.)

This skirt is old…so old that I really can’t remember when I bought it. I found it while packing up my house in Portland. It looked nothing like what I was wearing at the time, but I thought the light fabric and shape might suit the warmer temperatures of Mexico. I’ve been staring at it for months now and finally decided to figure out what to do with it. The length is not the most flattering for my body, so I decided to hike it up a bit and belt it. A streamlined and simple white tank balanced the flowy bottom, and I threw on my wishbone necklace. I would normally opt for wedges with a longer skirt, but alas dirt roads and wedges are a dangerous combination for a girl with bad ankles so sandals it was. In a way this look felt very classic Americana and a bit ladylike: two aesthetics I don’t often find myself gravitating towards!

I have to admit that after spending pretty much no time on the Internet last week, I feel very behind in blogs. I didn’t even realize that my post on body image was included in the IFB Links a La Mode until Saturday! So, tell me, what’s going on with you?

10 comments:

Annebeth said...

your post totally deserved its place in the IFB links a la mode :) and I really like this simple warm weather look, very laidback. But everything looks perfect with a signature haircut like yours :)

Elle Sees said...

what is the necklace?

Santina said...

@Elle Sees It's a wishbone necklace!

Fashion Tales.... said...

Love the skirt! the enviornment looks so calming!
-xxoo
http://www.ladyofashion.co.uk

Erin said...

What an adventurous outfit for you! I don't think I have EVER seen you in a skirt or dress that long! It looks great. I love the belt.

Santina said...

@Erin Next time I wear anything so long, it has to be with heels or wedges. I thought my legs looked a bit stumpy in sandals!

Grit and Glamour said...

I like this skirt belted and high-waisted...suits you. And that is a fantastic necklace!

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

Frances Joy said...

I love this look and I can't believe I've never seen your blog before, especially since we're both city girls now in rural Latin America. I'll definitely be checking in more often!

lindsey lowe said...

i love this skirt!

Erin said...

What an adventurous outfit for you! I don't think I have EVER seen you in a skirt or dress that long! It looks great. I love the belt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...