Call me crazy...

| |





February 21, 2010

Shirt: H&M
Tank: Gap
Shorts: Gap
Shoes: Havaianas (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Matt & Nat (a gift)

But I call it dedication. Feeling exceedingly defeated in my fight with a chronic skin issue, I just felt a little too unsightly to step in front of the camera for outfit photos. After days of staying out of the sun and ocean, I couldn’t resist the lure of the beach (hi, I can hear the waves from my house!) and decided to spend the last few hours of sunlight at the beach watching my boyfriend surf and snapping some photos. Sitting there I realized that so many of the things stressing me were out of my control, but feeling disappointed about skipping outfit photos wasn’t one of them. So, I snapped a few shots of the details that made up this outfit without showing much skin. This was apparently hilarious to the drunken tourists sitting near me, who not only stared but also pointed at me…that lead to an outburst of nervous laughter on my part, reaffirming their suspicions that I was crazy.

By the time you read this I will be the midst of a crazy weekend visa run back in the States! Hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lynzy said...

I love living vicariously through you. That is all. :))

Kim said...

It's almost surreal, imagining that you're able to enjoy sun and go to the beach now :) Can't wait for summer to come!

brunetteblogging.com

Grit and Glamour said...

Aw, sorry for getting caught, but you know what, I love these shots! There is beauty in this perspective. And I don't blame you for not wanting to be in front of the lens. There are many days I just don't feel up to it, so I skip it altogether.

Hope you're on the mend. As a white girl with uber-sensitive skin, I feel your pain.

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Ah what I'd give to lay there right now!!!
Have a great week girl!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Lynzy said...

I love living vicariously through you. That is all. :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...