Bundled up (but not complaining)

| |





February 4, 2011

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Sweater: Gap
Jeans: Levis (Urban Outfitters)
Scarf: Tarnish (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (borrowed from the boyfriend)

I know that I recently vowed to stop saying “it’s freezing” (since we all know it’s not even close to freezing here), so I will simply say this was the coolest day since I moved here in September. I woke up surprised (as well as disappointed) not to see the sun shining and reached for an extra layer before sipping my morning coffee outside on the porch. To be honest, I really thought that by noon it would warm up, but no such luck. Once the sun finally broke through the clouds, I decided it was time to stop sulking and take a walk along the beach. (A torta may or may not have been my actual motivation for leaving the house.)

When it came time to get dressed for this unusually cool day, I reached for a few of my warmest articles of clothing. (As it turns out, there wasn’t much to choose from.) I started with my oldest pair of Levis and then added this Breton stripe sweater. I knew it wouldn't stand up to the wind on the beach alone, so I layered my military jacket over it and added a scarf. Even though I would have preferred to be walking the beach in a bikini and romper, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the change in weather...as long as its not here to stay.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love this outfit! I cant wait for us to do our breton stripe-off ;) 2 weeks till haircuuuuuuuuuut.

Lee Oliveira said...

Love this nautica look.
The khaki jacket is fabulous.
Great back drop as usual Santina..
mwahh
Lee x

Collette Osuna said...

I love the UO jacket....love the scarf and sunnies too...no matter how cold it is there, lol...no snow!! hahaha

Stop by and say Hello:)
Check out my 30x30 Remix….Let’s do this!♥

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this outfit!! :D :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

Nice to see you all bundled up (but not in a gloaty way...) And what's this I hear about a breton stripe-off...I want in!

xo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...