Yeah, that's me.

| |





January 28, 2011

Shirt: American Apparel
Pants: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: J. Crew
Sandals: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)
Necklace: A gift from Kate
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (borrowed from my boyfriend)

After chatting with my mom back in Rhode Island, I feel a little guilty about how frequently I say things like “it’s freezing” and “I’m so cold I could die” (I’m a bit of an exaggerator). I know it’s not really cold, but on a day when it’s below 75 degrees, I like to pile on the layers and keep myself at a tropical temperature. I’m not kidding…ask anyone who’s come for a visit recently. With a refreshed appreciation for spending the winter somewhere warm and sunny, I refused to let myself bundle up too much. I didn’t want to freeze (I really need to stop), but I still wanted to keep it light.

This American Apparel button down has really served me well. Button downs are a wardrobe staple for me, and I wear them year round: with leggings, boots, and a chunky knit in winter, with skinny jeans and ballet flats in spring, with a dress or skirt in summer and with boyfriend jeans and oxfords in fall. The options are endless, but today I decided to pair this cheery pink gingham shirt with cargo pants and sandals. I couldn’t resist stealing my boyfriend’s olive green and tortoise shell sunglasses on my way out the door; they were just too perfect!

Oh, and I can’t forget the necklace. If you follow me on Twitter (if you don’t, what are you waiting for?), you already know that Kate was here not so long ago, soaking up some much needed sun on her pasty (as only Portland can make you) shoulders. About two minutes after she arrived, she handed me a gift: this cow necklace that reads “COW HUGGER”. As I’ve mentioned before cows are some of my favorite animals. Granted, I love all animals, but cows are right up they’re with cats for me (don’t even ask me how I feel about cow printed cats) and when presented with the opportunity to hug one, I definitely don’t shy away. Cow Hugger? Yeah, that’s me.

3 comments:

Erin said...

1. You are such a freak with your "freezing" talk.

2. LOVE the half-tucked in shirt. I just read an article about it on Refinery 29, one of those would you or wouldn't you things. I wouldn't because I don't ever ever ever tuck into pants, but you pull it off smashingly.

3. That Kate is so cute to bring you that necklace.

Leslie said...

adorable belt!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

The minute I got to San Diego, I was like a californian and instantly complained of "cold" when it was below 65 so even thought there is an actual ICE STORM in nyc right now, I'm not even mad at you because I think this is totally legitimate. I have almost the exact same shirt, but from Gap and I wear it all year round as well. Twinsssss. And you are such a BF closet raider - I love it because I would be tooo!

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...