Who are you calling four eyes?

| |






January 13, 2011


Sweater: J. Crew
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: J. Crew
Glasses: Burberry

All right, the cat is out of the proverbial bag (obviously, I would never actually put a cat in a bag)…I wear glasses. Or perhaps it’s more accurate to say I wear contacts as I am rarely caught outside of the house with my glasses on. It’s not that I don’t like my glasses or not even that I don’t like how I look in my glasses. It’s just that I see that much better with contacts.

This look was all about comfortable pieces that were perfect for a day mostly spent lounging around the house. As I’ve mentioned before, I did one of the worst packing jobs for my time here in Mexico. I brought nearly every t-shirt I own and yet only a handful of sweaters, all of which are cotton. After a few cool nights with temperatures in the low 60’s, I thought it was time to order something a little warmer. Luckily for me, J. Crew was having an amazing sale right before Erin’s visit. Seriously, who doesn’t love a sale on sale items? I scooped up this sweater and had it shipped to her just in time for her trip. This is the first time I wore this sweater, and I love it. It’s warm but still lightweight, comfortable but still feminine. It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of boyfriend jeans, so a boyfriend sweater wasn’t much of a stretch. Wearing them together? A complete no-brainer.

I have to admit that for someone who had an unabashed shopping addiction not so long ago, I found it felt almost foreign to be shopping online after going months without even perusing some of my favorite places to shop online. I used to fill up online shopping carts just for fun (haven’t we all?) and yet I found myself struggling to pull the trigger on buying just one sweater, which was actually something I needed. Something tells me that once I’m back in the US and working fulltime, my “shopper’s block” will come to an end…

5 comments:

Kristy said...

the glasses look great on you, especially with your pixie haircut :) I also wear glasses but I don't wear them regularly, just when I have to see far. Contacts? I'm afraid of putting them in my eyes >.<

www.monochromachic.com

Lynzy said...

You look so classic and gorgeous in those glasses, I seriously love them! I am so ridiculous that I used to tell my parents I wanted glasses because I thought they were cool... my eyes aren't bad enough yet ;)


xo Lynzy
http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

you look so great in glasses dear! I'll let you in on a secret- i wear them too! Well, i say 'wear', maybe 4 times a year when i decide to be kind to my eyes and have a day off from my much loved contacts. I can't pull off the speccy look as well as you.

Looks like you're having a swell time in Mexico! Hope you're well xxx

Erin said...

I love your glasses, and I love that you're sporting them on your blog. I need new glasses...

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Surprise - I'm a secret glasses wearer too. Although, I don't need contacts so unless we're driving in the dark or sitting together at the computer for extended periods of time, you'd have no reason to know that about me. But enough about me, you look adorable in glasses. Ok now back to me, I was thinking about getting some fun oversized Warby Parker glasses and getting some more wear out of them. Who says boys don't make passes at girls that wear glasses?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...