Sometimes you have to step back to move forward

| |






December 24, 2010


Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: Hinge (Nordstrom)
Belt: Gap
Clutch: H&M (San Francisco)
Sandals (not shown): Gap

I completely forgot about these pictures. I had every intention of finishing up all 2010 posts in 2010 and ending the year with a look back. Well, it appears as though I got a little lost in my look back, so here we are starting 2011 with my Christmas Eve look rather than New Year’s Eve as I planned. Can you tell that I hate when plans go astray?

I wasn’t really sure what to wear for the holidays this year. Living somewhere warm and sunny even in December threw me off a bit…not that I’m complaining. I was sure to go swimming in the ocean on Christmas Eve and Christmas simply because I could. When it was time to swap my bikini for some actual clothing, I wanted to look festive albeit casually so. For reasons still unknown to me (temporary insanity is highly probable), I only brought a handful of skirts when I moved to Mexico. Luckily, this one was not overlooked, and it’s become a favorite of mine. I’ve worn it quite a bit, but it seems I’ve been stuck in a rut of tucking shirts into it. To rectify that, I grabbed this oversized t-shirt with a lace inset, and cinched the waist with a metallic lavender belt. Truth be told, the belt isn’t just adding some much-needed shape to this look, but it’s also holding my skirt up. It’s not like it would fall off without the belt; I just decided that a shorter length was more flattering for this look.

I have to admit that my limited wardrobe has really forced me to reexamine my clothes and consider them in ways that I normally hadn’t. I have to admit that I grew quite accustomed to a large wardrobe...not to mention my complete lack of restraint has always allowed me to go out and buy something I “needed” all too easily. In that way, my life on a beach has brought an unexpected inspiration to my style.

1 comments:

Elle Sees said...

i would too...swim on xmas bc i could!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...