The necklace that saved New Year's Eve

| |






December 31, 2010


Shirt: Forever 21
Dress: a 3 + 1 (Sloan Boutique, Portland)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Clyde’s Rebirth
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)

I’ve spent way more New Year’s Eves at home with my boyfriend and in bed before midnight than I’d like to admit. While I love the sense of renewal that comes with a New Year, I’ve grown to hate the pressure of making New Year’s Eve plans. This year was a little different though; small town life really doesn’t offer too many options for nighttime activities so there wasn’t much to stress about. Where I spent the evening didn’t really matter much to me anyhow as I knew I’d be in good company. Erin was in town (for a week that went by too quickly), and anytime I get to hang out with my boyfriend and best friend, I know I’m in for a good time.

Finding a New Year’s Eve look was a bit more challenging than past years (maybe because sweats weren’t an option this year). I had visions of something sparkly but was disappointed to find not one glimmer while searching my closet a few days before New Year’s Eve. I decided to leave the outfit as a last minute decision…and then I opened the Clyde’s Rebirth package that my pack mule Erin brought along with her. Remember how I won that giveaway waaaaaaaay back in October? Fearing that my winnings wouldn’t actually make it to me, I had them sent to Erin and have been (impatiently) waiting ever since. When I opened the beautifully wrapped package and saw this stunning choker, I knew at least one thing I’d be wearing on New Year’s Eve. Starting with this necklace really didn’t help me decide on clothes, which is exactly why I selected this particular necklace after winning the giveaway: I can wear it with anything. It is so incredibly versatile; I’ve only begun to play with all the ways I can wear it.

One of the ways I’ve found to stretch my closet is by wearing dresses as skirts. I realize this isn’t anything new to all of you creative ladies who remix with such ease, but it is something I never did while living in Portland. The ruffled bottom and fitted bodice of this pixelated floral dress were perfect for layering, and while I tried to resist wearing this lacey t-shirt again, I couldn’t help myself. The loose fit was exactly what I was looking for and the neckline was perfect for showing off my new favorite necklace. Later on I threw on my military jacket and changed into gold flats before heading out for an evening of margaritas, giant sparklers, and laughs galore!

7 comments:

K said...

That necklace is so great!

Lee Oliveira said...

How come i have never come across to your blog?!
Oh honey.. you are gorgeous..
Love your style, hair, outfit.. and most at all.. your smile..
I will b back..
Mwah...
Lee x

Maryjane said...

Great hairstyle and to have the beach as a background is amazing!

Maryjane xoxo

Farm Girl Fashionista said...

Love your hair and your blog!! Thanks so much for checking out mine!! We both are working through life & style changes...even though I envy yours!! ;-) I always said I wanted to live by the water..but I should've been more specific...I now have a pond in front of my house?! (lol)

http://thefarmgirlfashionista.blogspot.com/

Pretty Shiny Sparkly said...

Oooh I love that necklace!! I love all of Clydes Rebirth's beautiful designs. So lovely!

P.S. - your hair is super chic!

ClosetConfections said...

What a great necklace! Glad you discovered it in time for New Years. Also, I am beyond jealous about your beachfront locale. It looks beautiful!


Kendra
http://closetconfections.com

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad your winnings finally made it down to you, it looks beautiful. I think you should wear more gold, it looks so good with your tan! I'm excited to see what you look like with your natural hair...it's creeping in!

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...