Glasses: Day Two (and hopefully the last!)

| |





January 14, 2011

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Shirt: Gap
Cutoffs: Citizens of Humanity (a gift)
Necklace: J. Crew
Sandals (not shown): Gap
Glasses: Burberry

I know what you’re thinking, and believe me, I was less than thrilled to find myself in glasses for the second day in a row, as well. The day after I gave my eyes a well-deserved break from wearing contacts, I woke up to find my left eye completely irritated. Really, eyes? Is that how you thank me? Apparently it is. Even though I am totally the kind of girl who won’t let a little irritation stop me from just throwing in my contacts and hoping for the best, sadly, my eye was irritated enough that even I was afraid of making it worse, leaving me with no choice but to wear my glasses…again.

Those of you who have read Style by Santina for a while are probably rolling your eyes at this look. Wow! Shocking! Santina isn’t feeling quite herself and reached for stripes. I’m nothing if not true to me, and stripes just soothe my soul. Not to mention that I do live on a beach and there really couldn’t be a more perfect nautical print than stripes in my mind. I quickly decided on my well-loved cutoffs and threw on my military jacket. To finish off the look, I added one of my favorite necklaces; the mix of metals, rhinestones and ribbons always feels feminine while still looking slightly undone. It wasn’t until I looked at these photos that I realized this look is a mix of favorites. No wonder I was undeterred while facing the barrage of comments and questions about my glasses…because that’s what people talk about in a town the size of my high school! It’s a funny notion that so many people, who I don’t know in the most literal sense of the word (if you’re reading this, I’m looking at you), know that I wear glasses and yet the people I see every day had no idea. Is there anything you’ve revealed through blogging that the people you interact with each day would be surprised to hear?

6 comments:

La Michelle said...

i ADORE the green jacket :D

xoxo

Delmy said...

Love the jacket and your haircut!

SWF_Terra said...

HEY. There is nothing wrong with a good set of stripes. :) I hope your eyes are feeling better soon. I know the irritations that come with glasses/contacts. I've had glasses since I was 5 and contacts since I was 12. Ugh!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Stripes become you. And I like the glasses.

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I wear glasses too! But not often at all. I commend you for going ahead with outfit pics anyways. The site renovations look great, I've been waiting for that updated blurb, missy! The photos from Kate's visit are gorgeous, as always! Glad you girls had fun.
xo, Ash

Nikki said...

oh! your legs are soooo tanned! I always stay as white als milk =( x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...