Like a Tropical Candy Cane

| |





December 23, 2010


Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Dress: Banana Republic
Sandals (not shown): Havianas (Nordstrom Rack)
Bracelet: Tasha (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I haven’t felt quite as caught up in the holiday spirit as I normally do. I blame it mostly on all the sunshine, palm trees, and time spent on the beach. While I absolutely love that I’m skipping winter this year, I can’t help but feel slightly nostalgic for the snowy, New England holidays of my youth. Mittens and scarves, last minute shopping, and cozy nights by a fire will always be at the heart of my holiday memories, but the holidays of my adulthood have diverged from my more traditional roots. This isn’t the first time I’ve spent them in another country, and I certainly hope it isn’t the last.

This morning I woke up with a mission to wear something festive…I also woke up with a raging hunger that needed to be satisfied as quickly as possible (which explains my bedhead). Being no stranger to this situation, I knew there wasn’t much time to debate. Scanning my closet for something red or green, I laid eyes on this striped t-shirt dress; it’s so soft that I couldn’t resist throwing it on. After adding another green layer with this military jacket, I tried to find something that would add a pop of red and much to my surprise I found that I do not have one red item with me…seriously, not one. So I went for pink instead with a bangle and sandals. I think this holiday season is much more pink and neon green anyhow.

4 comments:

Grit and Glamour said...

This is so adorable...these colors look great on you! Not many people could wear a dress like that, but you sure can!

Merry Christmas!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Merry Christmas my mexican candy cane. I haven't been feeling to festive either, but being home (finally) helps. There are decorations, and I've disconnected from my stress a little bit. Case and point, no idea where my cell phone is right now, awesome feeling! Hope you find everything you wanted under your palm tree? Do you have an xmas tree there, I was guessing no...

Kate said...

That dress looks amazing with your tan!

Kate said...

That dress looks amazing with your tan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...