I really will wear it all the time!

| |







December 11, 2010

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Dress: J. Crew
Belt (worn as bracelet): J. Crew
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)

This dress has been catching my eye every time I open my closet lately, and I just couldn’t resist it any longer. I’ve only worn this dress once before, and I remember thinking “I will wear this all the time in Mexico” when I bought it. Maybe I was justifying the purchase to myself at a time when I knew I should really be saving, not spending, but I can’t make a liar of myself…time to start wearing this dress!

While days are consistently warm and sunny (sun, everyday, without question), the evenings are cool enough to warrant an extra layer; it didn’t take me long to decide on this military jacket. I love the olive green paired with the pastels of the dress, and I thought it perfectly balanced the femininity of the delicate print and bow. Once I rolled the sleeves, I really needed a bracelet and upon spotting this belt (I considered wearing it over the jacket), I decided to wrap it around my wrist a few times to make a studded bracelet. I finished the look with studded tan sandals.

Lately I've been feeling like I need to be more creative with my limited wardrobe. I've considered taking on a "30 for30" remix challenge, but I have to admit that I'm intimidated...very intimidated by the thought of wearing only thirty items (including shoes but not accessories) and creating thirty outfits. What do you think? Is it time to push myself?

5 comments:

jemina said...

Do what your heart tells you to do dear, and if that beautiful dress were in my possession i would definitely wear it daily too :), i just LOVE its floral pattern and the length is perfect :), as for the belt worn as bracelet, only you would come out with that brilliant idea :)
Can't wait to see what you'll do next,whatever it is I am sure it will never be boring :)

I support you all the way :)

Hugs and Kisses babe
Jemina
xoxo :))

QueenDesi said...

beutiful outfit babe!!
love your jacket so much, the dress look supper comfy to be wore:)

visit my site. you can follow me if you like. just tell me if you want me to follow you back..

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

In love&Light
Queen D

Becca [Free Honey] said...

First of all, why don't you wear this dress all the time?! I really like it. And it looks good with your tan, but what doesn't? And I've kind of been thinking the same thing re: a 30 x 30. I don't really need the stress at the moment, but at some point I'd like to try it. The good news is, there is no 30x30 police, so if it doesn't work out. Just stop. I'll like you anyways.

this free bird said...

okay hel-lo to the entire outfit - in separates or all together they are freaking rad. you should wear this often - it looks great on you. okay well maybe not every day, but you know what i mean.

and love that belt worn as bracelet!!

xo,
c

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I feel similarly about 30x30, maybe next time we'll go for it and be each other's support group? I thought the title of this post was pointed at your army jacket, which I still want. I'm still searching for the perfect one. A few weeks ago, I was strutting around my apt in my roommate's army jacket (BTW - my roommate is int he army reserve). THAT"S how badly I want one. You should probably wear that dress more often, you don't want to be the kind of person who lies to themselves, now do you, hahah?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...