Borrowed From the Boyfriend

| |






December 9, 2010


Shirt: H&M (borrowed from my boyfriend)
Skirt: Gap
Shoes: Mossimo Supply Co. (Target)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (borrowed from my boyfriend)

It’s no secret that I love looks with a touch of boyish charm, but this time I didn’t just look to the boys for inspiration. I actually reached into the closet of my favorite man (my boyfriend) as I got dressed before setting out to pick up a few ingredients for dinner. When it comes to button downs, I don’t like anything too proper (or ironed for that matter), so I stick to those with a relaxed fit, which makes borrowing from the boyfriend a perfect option. I can’t lie; I’ve had my eye on this shirt for a while. The sleeves were a little long for me, but once I rolled them up the shirt fit exactly as I hoped. The rest of the look came together in about two minutes. I immediately reached for this fitted denim skirt, which balanced out the roomy top. This necklace would have been a perfect addition to this basic look, but with it safely stowed away in Portland, I decided to add another pint with striped espadrilles. I think my recent interest in mixing prints is an effort to compensate for my lack of accessories…a different way to add interest. To finish it off, I turned to my boyfriend again and borrowed these olive green and tortoise sunglasses.

Do you like to go shopping in the closet of a man in your life? Tell me the items you can’t resist!

3 comments:

jemina said...

Hi Sweetie, I borrow from my man from time to time too :), and that is one awesome plaid shirt, you look FABULOUS and I love the sun kissed glow of your skin

Wishing you a magnificent weekend babe

Love, Hugs, and Kisses
Jemina
xoxo

myedit said...

1st. Love your hair!
2nd. I would steal from my husband all the time if his stuff wouldn't swamp me... I've tried tucking his shirts in and I get that lump of fabric... attractive. But your borrow looks cute!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

Very cute, nice job boyfriend! I'm glad your boyfriend likes plaid, it makes me think I'll like him. I'm pretty sure that he'll be so delighted to hear that. ::Inserteyerollatself::

I loved to nab other people's clothes, my newest post is featuring a sweater of my dad's actually. Sadly, I don't have a BF to poach from...maybe it's because I scare them away since they can just tell I would be a clothes-stealer. SIGH.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...