Succumbing to my surroundings

| |






November 29, 2010


Sweatshirt: Forever 21
Shorts: Citizens of Humanity (gift)
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider (Nordstrom Rack)

I’ve never really been one to consider what others think of my style, but when it came time to pack for life on a beach in Mexico, I took a deliberate turn down Casual Avenue. Wearing most of my favorite clothes (in looks like this and this) seemed incredibly ostentatious for a town with mostly cobblestone roads. While I certainly miss my city style, it’s all too easy to succumb to my casual surroundings…especially on days like this one. By the time I traded in my bikini and board shorts for actual clothing, I was totally exhausted from surfing all day. Once the boyfriend and I decided to make dinner at home, I lost all motivation for getting dolled up. Sweatshirt and cutoffs? Yes, please!

I bought this sweatshirt just before leaving Portland and wore it on the flight down. There hasn’t been much opportunity to wear it since then, but winter is indeed setting in and the evenings are getting cool enough for an extra layer. Granted, I was in the sun while taking these pictures, but as I mentioned in my last post, eighty degrees now feels quite chilly to me! The combination of navy stripes and boat shoes gave this comfortable look a nautical vibe perfect for watching the sunset and having a few beers. 

2 comments:

jemina said...

You definitely look nautically fabulous dear
and how I love the glow of your skin

Wishing you a wonderful week darling

Kisses
J
xoxo

Kate said...

I love the shoes shot--but then again, those are my favorite shoes of yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...