A refined bird

| |






November 23, 2010


Shirt: Forever 21
Belt: J. Crew
Skirt: J. Crew
Sandals: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (borrowed from the boyfriend)

I thought about this shirt a few nights ago as I watched a flock of birds fly between a few palm trees at sunset. The birds appeared black against the pale yellow and pink light, creating a striking image as they circled the palm trees until settling in and perching on the leaves. I guess the image stuck with me because when it came time to get dressed before meeting up with a friend for a few drinks, I quickly reached for this shirt.

Last time I wore this shirt I took a decidedly bohemian approach, which isn’t too common for me. It’s a bit funny to me that I did so while living in a city, and now that I’m living a carefree life on the beach I went for a more refined look...or maybe I’m just reading into this a little too much. I still love this skirt just as much as I did when I bought it, and it has successfully transitioned through all seasons. I’ve worn it in winter, spring, and summer, and when it came time to pack, I couldn’t part with it. Which item in your closet do you reach for all year long?

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Browsing through your outfits reminds me of summer! and this one is no exception. LOVE LOVE LOVE the sparrow-printed top :D

The item in my closet that I reach all year long is my H&M pussy bow blouse. Bought it 3 years ago and I'm still wearing it to this day :)

www.monochromachic.com

Physicalcanvas said...

love your hair and colour. perfect!

www.physicalcanvas.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...