Mixed prints...finally!

| |






November 12, 2010


Tank: J. Crew
Skirt: Hinge (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Rings: Forever 21
Sandals (not shown): Gap

After a few too many weeks between haircuts, the mullet is finally gone (as well as most of my blonde locks)! When I decided to go super short, I realized the cut would expose my dark roots, but since hair bleach is a bit hard to find here, I’ve decided to grow out my natural color with the hope that the sun will bleach it out a bit. Shocked? Yeah, so am I. I haven’t seen more than an inch of my natural color in over six years! I’m still adjusting to the color, but I already love the cut. I think with a few weeks of growth it will look a bit like Emma Watson’s current ‘do.

I think my sassy new cut inspired this mixed prints look. I struggle with mixing prints, adoring it on everyone but myself. While I wasn’t totally sold on this combination at first, I decided to roll with it. I like the mix of pastels, gray and black, and the skinny stripes didn’t overwhelm the delicate print of the skirt. I actually tried this skirt on with this shirt, but the bolder stripes dominated the look. I consider this first attempt at mixed prints a success!

As I walked to the beach for photos, I felt like something was missing. Ah, I miss my Marc by Marc watch necklace. It’s so sad that it was stolen, because my favorite accessory and I were sadly separated once before; I’ve actually owned two of that necklace. I had the first one for about a year before I lost it one rather fun girls’ night out. I have no idea how or at what point in the evening it slipped off my neck, but sure enough, it was gone. I was irrationally sad about it, so when I opened my birthday present from Erin just a few months later, I screamed when I saw my very same watch necklace. Confused as to how she could have bought it when I did so long ago, I thought she had found the one I lost but she smacked me into reality with something like “no, dumbass, I found it online!” My favorite necklace and I were reunited, and I couldn’t have been happier about it! When it came time to pack for my eight months in Mexico, I, ironically, packed accessories that I just couldn’t live without…apparently, the person who broke into my house felt the same about my Marc watch necklace.

I think if I could have thrown on a pair of heels and my beloved watch necklace, I would have liked this look even more, but I’ve come to accept that at the beach simple is best.

4 comments:

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I love your new do and you look great in the mixed prints. I've been a mixed print addict lately, although I don't know that much of my print adventures have made it onto the blog. Also, if you're trying to tempt me into a vacation...it's working! This looks great!

jemina said...

You look stunning babe, I LOVE your hair, btw, now duo tone in hair is really IN, so keep it like this, I think it's awesome :)

As for your outfit you look FABULOUS as always, and I'm still in love with mixed prints, and you my dear, have mastered the mix down pat :)

Love, Hugs & Kisses
J
xoxo

Erin said...

This outfit is fabulous. I miss your marc necklace; you just aren't you without it. Am I going to have to find one AGAIN???

sharonlei said...

Awww you're so pretty. :) I love that photo of you on your tip toes.. in the sand!!! :) Happy Sunday.

xx Love & Aloha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...