The Long and Winding Road

| |






October 31, 2010


Tank: Banana Republic
Shorts: J. Crew
Scarf: Tarnish (Nordstrom)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc store, Boston)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (Nordstrom)

Slowly but surely, a cold has crept up on me; my body always reacts this way with a change in weather although I used to attribute it to sharp changes. The weather here is just about perfect right now. The humidity is gone and it hasn’t rained in over a month, and evenings bring tolerable temperatures for sleeping without air conditioning. All what would appear to be positive changes, so I’m not sure what my body is fussing about? When I’m feeling sick, especially around this time of year, I tend to wrap myself in chunky knits and layers. Temperatures of around ninety five degrees don’t really support that type of behavior, so instead I reached for a scarf.

I once again found myself packing for what will be my fifth move in two months, as well as what better damn well be my last move here in Mexico. As I was doing so, I noticed these linen shorts, which I actually didn’t realize I had brought with me. Much like that denim skirt from a few days ago, I found these shorts while packing up my house in Portland. They appeared to be from another life…I mean, when would I have bought long shorts? Everyone knows that when it comes to skirts and dresses, shorter is always better for me. I was determined to resuscitate these somewhat unflattering shorts and built an outfit around them. I quickly reached for this scarf, which I thought could serve as the point of interest in this look (read: take the attention off these long shorts). I grabbed a simple white tank, again, to let the scarf steal the show, but also because I wanted to show off my tan a little. Come on, I’m not feeling well…I need something to perk me up! Wearing sandals was completely out of the question; my legs just looked stumpy. Yellow and navy is such a classic yet happy color combination, one that I couldn’t resist while feeling a bit down, so I finished off the look with these patent espadrilles.

What do you think of these shorts? Or are they actually short capris? Any ideas on how they could be styled? I do love linen, especially when it’s hot, but I just don’t know about these…

8 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Simple and cute...love the scarf!!!

Stop By and Say Hello♥
Statements in Fashion Blog♥

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Oh Darlin' you look wonderful. The scarf looks good on you, and makes the whole outfit Come Together. I hate moving, so understand the anxiety you have about your recent transitory living situation, but if you ever need Help, you know you can get by With A Little Help From your friends.

jemina said...

Hallo Gorgeous!!!
You look magnificent, and I can't tell from these pics that you had a cold

Wishing you a Beautiful day darling

LOVE, always,
J
xoxo

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Also, I'm catching up on a whole bunch of posts at once so I should also tell you that I love your Halloween costume from the other year! Also love your scarf.

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

hahahaha, I'm of the same mind when it comes to shorts/skirts/dresses, but I feel like these make sense given your climate and lifestyle. I do hope my roommate doesn't see this comment seeing as how I recently berated her into sending two pairs of very similar cargo capris to the goodwill bag. But she doesn't live on the beach. She lives in nyc. For the record, if you try to wear them here, I'll tackle you. But there, totally fine. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but I'm pretty sure this is actually very logical. I'm getting sort of sick with the season change too, it went from 70 to 40 overnight and my body is like screaming, "wait, what's going on? where am i? owww"

xoxo, Ashley

LyddieGal said...

I love how you've taken the basics and made them really shine with all the great accessories.

I too always seem to get sick at the seasons change, especially when it starts to get freezing in the mornings and I wake up to chilled air.

Hope it passes soon and you can enjoy the awesome weather!

Chic on the Cheap

Kristy said...

yellow & navy do belong together! I love the simplicity of this outfit :)

I hope you're feeling better by now :)

www.monochromachic.com

Kristy said...

yellow & navy do belong together! I love the simplicity of this outfit :)

I hope you're feeling better by now :)

www.monochromachic.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...