First day jitters

| |




November 7, 2010


Dress: Kensie Pretty (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: Gap

These photos were snapped just before I walking to work…my first day of work. Yes, that’s right, I’m once again a working girl. I decided to get a job to make a little money (emphasis on “little”), as well as work on my Spanish. So, three nights a week, I’m a waitress at a small, family owned restaurant. The job is far from stressful and yet I found myself with first day jitters when it came time to get ready for work for the first time in a few months.

A dress is always such an easy choice: one piece and I’m done. To spice up this casual denim dress, I added sparkly accessories with a rhinestone encrusted glasses necklace and silver sandals. This look was cute enough to make me feel confident on my big, first day yet comfortable enough to run around, serving tables. All in all, the first day went well…I mean, I can drink free margaritas while I work, so how difficult could it be? I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t miss getting dressed up for work in looks like this one although I know that once I’m back to city life and working in an office, I will certainly miss this time…and the free margaritas at work!

Does anyone else still get first day jitters?

9 comments:

Kate said...

Who doesn't get first-day jitters? I'm sure the margaritas helped calm you down :)

Street Style SACRAMENTO said...

What I would give to order a magarita from you, lady!

Kristy said...

Oohhhh congrats on the new job! First day jitters = you're excited with the job :)

You can still wear a dress and flip flops? Wow, I can't leave the house with bare legs :p Cute cute cute denim dress. I love the mod vibe to it :)

www.monochromachic.com

LyddieGal said...

I love the diamond weave on the dress, it really makes the simple denim so elegant.
Good luck at your new job!

jemina said...

I LOVE your dress girlfriend, you look stunning as always, and you made me think of chopping all my hair off and get a fabulous short do like yours, but perhaps I may not look as good as you :))

Always Inspiring, LOVE and respect to you my dear

HUGS
J
XOXO
MWAH!!!!!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I for sure have gotten first day jitters at all of my fist days. It's pretty nerve wracking! I'm glad your enjoying it tho! And free margs are quite a plus. Who needs health care?? hahaha.

xoxo, Ashley

merl said...

ok soo i've been clicking through your posts trying to think of what supermodel you look like. And when it finally came to me [erin o connor] I googled her and while she kind of has the same closed mouth smirk/smile that's kind of where the similarities end. But in my head.. you two look exactly alike.

seriously though.. you=model.

LyddieGal said...

I love the diamond weave on the dress, it really makes the simple denim so elegant.
Good luck at your new job!

Street Style SACRAMENTO said...

What I would give to order a magarita from you, lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...