Date night

| |






November 27, 2010


Tank: BCBG Max Azria
Skirt: Forever 21
Necklace: J. Crew
Cardigan: Halogen (Nordstrom)
Sandals: Gap

With the first few rocky months behind me, I am really starting to enjoy my time here in Mexico. My days have fallen into a bit of a routine, but the best possible kind: one that involves doing whatever I want and being at the beach all day. I spent most of Saturday surfing and was rather pleased to finally see marked improvement. While I enjoy a challenge, surfing is almost frustratingly challenging. I’ve always been athletic, and I’m not used to having to work too hard to be good at something but surfing has proved to be an exception. A day of catching waves with my rather proud boyfriend rejuvenated my will to persevere.

To top off my victorious day, the boyfriend and I had a date planned for the evening. Yes, after nearly ten years, we still go on dates! I debated wearing this skirt, but in the end I decided on this one. The watercolor-like floral print is so delicate and feminine, and I absolutely adore the berry tones. While I had hoped to wear another mixed print look, my first attempt failed and I was running out of time before sunset. I quickly reached for this layered tank and finished it off with one of my favorite necklaces. Knowing that once the sun set I would be freezing (you know, at a f-f-frigid 80 degrees), I grabbed this cardigan on my way out the door.

Next time I wear this skirt, I am determined to wear it with a printed top. For some reason mixing prints is kind of like surfing to me. My looks almost always come together effortlessly but not mixed prints. Are you a mix master? Any tips?

4 comments:

Stevia said...

you look pretty for your date ;)

and I have always wanted to try surfing! sounds like a lot of fun and scary at the same time!
goodluck on improving you surfing skill :)

<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

LyddieGal said...

Wow, your new life in Mexico sounds amazing!
And I love your skirt. I wish I could talk about it being a freezing 80°.

For mixing prints - try choosing prints in the same color family, and letting one print be bold and the other subtle.

Chic on the Cheap

jemina said...

Santina babe,
you know how much I LOVE floral, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your skirt, and I think you are a fantastic style master, I really SUPER DUPER LOVE your style!!!

FABULOUS!!!

Hugs & Kisses
me
Jemina :)

Lady Lipstick said...

HEy girl!!! First, thank you sooo much for stopping by and for following me on twiiter! YAY! Second, I totally understand about not wearing too much make up in a beach town while surfing all the time! And I am totally jealous that you know how to surf and that you are surfing all the time! Thats so cool!! Third, I LOVE your pixie!! It is SO chic on you and it fits you perfectly!
My husband and I visited the NW last August in a little beach town called seabrook. We rented a little cottage and absolutely loved it! I want to go back so bad! It is beautiful up there!! I cant wait to read more of your blog!
HAve a fab weekend!!

XX

Stop By and Say Hi☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...