I get by with a little help from my friends...

| |






October 7, 2010

Sweater: Trouve (Nordstrom)

Dress: Tucker for Target

Necklace: Temple St. Clair for Target

Ring: BCBG Max Azria

Shoes: Forever 21

Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

As I'm still without a laptop and camera, I am relying on friends (of both the real life and blogosphere variety) to help me out with guest posts. Unsurprisingly, Erin was more than willing to lend a helping hand during a challenging time in my life. Over the course of our friendship, I've learned that I can always count on Erin. She's the type of friend who never belittles my feelings even when others might consider them completely absurd. When my boyfriend convinced me to go to a divey sports bar to watch the NCAA basketball finals and the waiter spilled beer on my See by Chloe bag without an apology even crossing his mind, I knew exactly who would rant with me while others thought I should get over it. During the ANTM season which McKey won, I happened to have nearly identical hair (I had it before her makeover, thank you very much), and everywhere (everywhere!) I went I was constantly being told that I looked exactly like McKey...to the point of annoyance. My dear friend ran interference and would stop people mid-sentence in her charmingly sarcastic way with "yes, she knows." While I can look back and laugh at these memories, it is the truly painful ones that really demonstrate what an amazingly caring and loyal friend I have in Erin. I know that whatever life throws at me, when times get tough and I feel like I can't go on, Erin will always be right there with me, agreeing that life sucks (I hate that rainbows and sunshine bullshit) but reassuring me that I will pull through.

So now that you all know what a true friend Erin is, let's talk about her fabulous outfit! I have to admit that when I first saw these pics, I was a little sad not to be experiencing fall this year. Growing up and attending college in New England instilled a deep love for fall above all other seasons. Crisp, clean air, striking foliage, apple picking (not to mention apple pies and cider), layers and layers of clothes...what's not to love? While fall in Portland isn't quite as lovely, Erin captured the essence of the season perfectly. I absolutely adore the deconstructed romance of this look...is it just me or does this feel very Rodarte in that sense?

I was actually with Erin when she bought this sweater (and the shoes and bag for that matter), and had I not already planned to move to Mexico for the winter, it would have been another item (like this dress) that we both just had to have. I love it paired with this floral dress and platform Mary Janes, creating a sweet yet edgy look, which many of you know is exactly the aesthetic I can't resist! As I've mentioned many times, Portland's dreary weather can easily drive a girl to wear all black, but Erin kept this look cheerful with this vibrant red bag. To finish off the look, she added a gold ring and necklace, which perfectly compliment the hardware of what I call her "Blazer bag". Erin is a die hard Trailblazers fan, and this bag matches all of her jerseys!

Not only is Erin an amazing friend and a style maven, but she is also a whiz in the kitchen! Seriously, there is nothing this girl can't do! Please check out her new cooking blog and show her some love: http://princetoneatsportland.blogspot.com/

I owe a big thanks to Erin for helping me keep Style by Santina alive. I should also thank her photographer (do you recognize that signature diagonal shot?), Kate, who you will be seeing again soon, as well.

If you are interested in contributing a guest post, please e-mail me at: stylebysantina@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Looks great..love the bag and shoes:)

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I love how the print of Erin's dress shows through the weave of her sweater. I think she'd need to unravel at least 1/3 of the sweater and then wrap it back around her haphazardly to really get that Rodarte feel tho, haha.

Let me know if you still need guest posters...I have a new striped sweater that I KNOW you'll love...

xo, Ashley

Anonymous said...

Bag and shoe cuteness!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...