Guest post: Stripes unite with Ashley from Free Honey!

| |







Top: Gap
Jumper: a now defunct Upper East Side boutique
Tights: Hue (Macy's)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: made by me
Bag: H&M

Hola!  I'm Ashley from Free Honey!  When I first volunteered to guest post for Santina, I knew I would have to pick an outfit that incorporated stripes, since we both love them.  In fact, our mutual love of stripes has enabled us to form a friendship, first cross country, now across the border.  Okay, so maybe it wasn't just stripes that made me come back again and again to this lovely lady's blog, but it sure as hell didn't hurt!  Once I had settled on a theme for this outfit (Stripes. Duh. Pay attention!), my next quandary was which stripes should I sport?  Anyone who's familiar with Free Honey probably knows I have a few (ahem) striped pieces to choose from.  Sidebar: for those of you who are not familiar - get yourself over there! 

I went with this simple crewneck because it's new (for those of you in the continental United States, the world's softest crewnecks are on sale at The Gap). I wanted to pair it with something fun, so I went with this adorable little plaid jumper.  There is a chill in the air so tights were a must, and since Santina and I also share a love of wedges, these shoes seemed perfect!  I took these at dusk in the park just by my house hence the moody atmosphere. 

So Santina, are you jealous of my tights and suede shoes?  No, you're probably too tan to care.  Thank you so much for having me over here!  Next perhaps you will invite me to Mexico. Not that you have to or anything, I'm just saying...

*Notes from Santina: Maybe I’ve watched too much ANTM and heard too much talk of “signature walks” but whenever I read Ashley’s posts I can’t help but notice her signature shot: side to camera. So, when Ashley sent me not one but three signature shots for this post I just had to smile.

And while Ashley is correct that I am rather tan, I will admit that I do miss tights…and wedges, actually. For life in a town that has mostly cobblestone and dirt roads, I couldn’t justify bringing more than two pairs of wedges although Ashley came very close to convincing me to bring these!

4 comments:

Tanvi said...

Love your Stripes Ashley! :) Good to know more about you!!!

jemina said...

OOOH Lovely, I LOVE the combination of stripes and plaids, BRILLIANT!!!
XOXO

Erin said...

I second Jemina, the stripes and plaid look great. I need to be more adventurous with mixing patterns...

Erin said...

I second Jemina, the stripes and plaid look great. I need to be more adventurous with mixing patterns...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...