Guest post: Becca from Free Honey

| |



 

Dress: Aqua

Sweater: Forever 21 
Bracelet: Forever 21 
Flats: Jeffery Campbell 
Tights: Target

Hello! I'm Becca from Free Honey. I was thrilled to pitch in when Santina put out the call for guest posts. The relationships that I've built through blogging never cease to amaze me. Even though we've never met in real life, Santina has quickly become a friend and confidante, and lately, a constant source of great advice!

I'm sure Santina will be back to blogging before we know it and making us all jealous that she's living in warm, sunny Mexico and making daily beach trips while we're all scraping frost off our cars and wearing Ugg boots against our better judgment (oh...what? just me? Shut up! My feet get cold...). So, I thought it was only appropriate that I infuse this place with some New England fall! I'll admit that I'm not fall's biggest fan, but I'm trying to roll with the punches and make some of my favorite pieces more autumnal.

If you read my blog, you'll know that I pretty much hate wearing pants. Just because the weather's colder doesn't mean I like pants any better. So, during the colder seasons, I'm addicted to tights. I'm busy over here trying to get all the wear I can out of my summer pieces, this dress included. I've found that tights and a chunky knit do wonders to tone down summery colors and patterns. I scored this sweater last year at Forever 21 and I'm kicking myself for not buying it in multiple colors - I've been wearing it incessantly since fall rolled around.

Right now I'm trying to be an optimist about the colder weather, but, at heart I'm a bit of a complainer (especially when it comes to snow)! So, in exchange for this guest post I'm hoping that Santina will be hosting a Mexican blogger meetup and fiesta come snowy January. Sounds fair. Right? Who's with me!

9 comments:

Kate said...

I totally agree, I hate wearing pants, even when it's freezing outside! Thank goodness for tights :)

Marissa said...

Oh - this is your blogging buddy that you were telling me about, Becca! Hi Santina!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Uh oh, cats out of the bag. Santina, I'm even talking you up IRL. Marissa is another awesome Boston blogger! You should check her out.

LyddieGal said...

I love getting year round use out of my cute floral dresses in just this manner!

I hate being out in the cold, and love a nice cozy cardigan to live in during the colder months!

Chic on the Cheap

jemina said...

Becca, I LOVE you!!! I really miss u, and I love your cardi, it looks so soft, cozy and yummy :))

Please pass my regards to Ashley and Santina too

LOVE
J
xoxo

Daniela said...

love that sweater - looks so comfy :)

Grit and Glamour said...

Love this look and that bloggers are coming together in a positive way. I think a Mexican blogger meetup is a brilliant idea!


♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

It's so weird to see you on a different blog Bec! I'm working on my guest post Santina! Clearly Becca is the organized one of this duo...

style'n said...

Becca what a cute dress..I love the look of dresses with cozy knit sweaters and tights. I bet this would look awesome with a pair of boots too. great outfit!
naina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...