Simple in the sand

| |






September 2, 2010


Dress: BB Dakota (Mink Boutique, Portland)
Necklace: J. Crew
Shoes: J. Crew

Whew, today was another scorcher and oh so humid! Not to be gross, but I have been changing at least twice a day because I’m sweating that much. This was my final look of the day, assembled after a cold shower right before heading out for dinner. While we search for a long term rental, I refuse to unpack my bags so my options are mostly limited to whatever is on top and not too wrinkled. When I pulled this dress out, my boyfriend immediately professed his love for it and so my decision was made for me. I think if he had his way, I would wear a sundress and no makeup everyday.  Lucky for him, I see quite a bit of that in our future.

I never thought I would be happy to go without a purse, but when it’s this hot and sticky, I don’t want to add any extra layers. The pockets on this dress made it that much easier to forgo a bag. To add a little something to a rather plain look, I wore one of my favorite necklaces. I love the mixed chains and rhinestones and most of all the ribbons, and these sandals seemed to perfectly match the vibe of the necklace as they, too, bear ribbons and rhinestones.

In writing his post, I was surprised to realize that this look was made up of only three items. I seem to have embraced a much more minimal style without realizing it, but I think life on the beach (or maybe it’s this heat?) demands one. Do you feel like your environment silently shapes your style?

8 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Its a fabulous look...love the color ...and the necklace.....stay cool...and hoping you are getting used to it there:)

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh I love that dress!!
and I think so, whenever its really hot I don't want to wear like anything XD
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

erin said...

I like your beach style. Not many people can pull off looking good while at the beach, in 100 degree weather, and humidity in the 90% range...

Becca said...

I'm with the BF, this dress is great. I've been neglecting my blog reader, so I just caught a bunch of your posts at once - so, let me offer my congratulations on getting through the packing and making the big move!! Yay!! Also, as a girl who tends to carry everything but the kitchen sink in her purse, I can appreciate the freedom that going purseless offers. Some nights out I just bring a couple things in my pocket and call it a day. Dancing is best done without the accompaniment of a 30lb purse!

Ashley said...

I'm impressed with your ability to downsize your purse into your pockets. Is your climate going to be at this temp all year round or are there some slight variations in seasons? I think you're adapting to life on the beach so easily!

Style of a Fashionista said...

Oh wow that dress is stunning on you looks awesome with your hair colour. Sometimes understated is best xoxo

LyddieGal said...

Mexico looks so beautiful, and the dress is just lovely. On a hot summer day I agree that simple is the key. Too many layers and fussy elements just make you overheat. It's easier to enjoy the beach in as little as possible.

Chic on the Cheap

erin said...

I want more posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...