Marc by Marc Spring 2011: I want it all!

| |


As many of you know, I love, love,
LOVE Marc by Marc Jacobs. (A few of my favorite pieces can be seen here, here and here.) The youthful and quirky aesthetic perfectly suits my personal style and the price point suits my wallet (a Marc by Marc wallet, of course) much more so than many of the other lines I covet. Several years ago, I adopted a quality over quantity philosophy while shopping and in doing so, I found myself purchasing more and more Marc by Marc. The pieces are always on trend yet timeless, satisfying my price per wear rule as I know I’ll wear them for years to come. I left all of my Marc clothing behind when I moved to the beach although I couldn’t part with my favorite watch necklace and decided that a canvas Marc bag wasn’t too flashy for my new life in a small town. That being said, I’m experiencing a little Marc withdrawal, so when I read that the Spring 2011 show would be streamed live I was giddy with excitement. I loaded the page a half hour before show time and crossed my fingers that Telmex (the provider of my rather slow internet connection) would take pity on my fashion deprived soul and allow me to watch the show without too many interruptions. There were a few hiccups, but luckily I was able to watch it again without issue. (If you missed it, you can still stream it here.)

It was clear from the first look out that this collection is exactly what my dreams are made of: stripes, jumpsuits, bold colors and instant classics. Marc Jacobs, did you design this collection just for me? No? Well, that’s okay because it honestly makes me want to be back in the US in time for spring just so I can snag at least a few these pieces and rock them all season long!

Let’s start with the stripes! From dresses to skirts to jumpsuits, Marc made my stripe loving heart go pitter-patter. I want to wear each of these looks…like, NOW! Is it just me or do the bold colors and stripes remind you of Fruit Stripe Gum?



Images courtesy of www.nymag.com
And then there were jumpsuits galore. Jumpsuits tend to generate strong reactions: women seem to love ‘em or hate ‘em. I definitely love them! I am also fortunate enough to be on the tall side, which makes them a bit more realistic than they would for, let’s say, my friend Kate. (I love you, Kate, but I think if you wore a jumpsuit, you’d look more playground than polished!) The first jumpsuit in the set below definitely appeals to the athlete in me. I’m a sucker for gray heather jersey material, mostly because it’s as comfortable as it is versatile. I could see myself wearing it with casual wedges for an easy look or dressing it up with loads of accessories and a pair of killer heels. The next two printed jumpsuits just ooze a chic sensibility but with that little twist one expects from Marc. I love the high neck and loosely cut legs of this mixed blue print jumpsuit just as much as I love that cross body bag. The third in this set feels much more classic than the others. From the feminine print to the fitted cut, I think I would feel very ladylike while wearing it…and ladylike is definitely not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of jumpsuits. And the last one…do I really need to explain my love for it? I love it so much that I couldn't resist including it in two sets. I need that jumpsuit!

Images courtesy of www.nymag.com
Last, but not least, are the classics: cuts and colors that will certainly stand the test of time. I love the first look mostly because the dress serves as a perfect backdrop for those amazing shoes! A shirtdress is one of my favorite silhouettes; I adore playing in the intersection of masculine and feminine and a shirtdress is one of the easiest ways to do so. As for the last look, I am in love with the sleeves of that top! Seriously, how cute is it?

Images courtesy of www.nymag.com
Did you catch the show? What looks are you already pining for?

6 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh yes yes yes!!! :D
<3 Marc Jacobs :)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

November Grey said...

You are fabulous. I love your hair ~ great eye for style too.

xx

http://novembergrey.blogspot.com/

Collette Osuna said...

Im a HUGE fan of MJ too!!
Ive honestly never seen a piece I didnt love:)

These are really great!

Have a Fashionable Day:)
Statements in Fashion Blog

jemina said...

Fabuluos. How are u darling? been thinking about you. Sending u LOVR, BIG BIG HUGS and KISSES your way darling, XOXO, Jemina

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I've died and gone to stripe heaven.

Kate said...

Oh you are SO right, I could never pull off a jumpsuit... I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...